1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

senna rep completed

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by hodgson27, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mag wheels should be stripped and inspected by an expert every few years as cracks can appear through use.

2. 2GOOD, those are Magnesium.

3. Theyre the road/race version too. :upyeah: The race only ones do not have the lattice mouldings inside the spoke. I have the race ones. :eek:

4. Personally I would keep them as they can only rise in price I would have thought.

5. On my old bike? I bought them new off a tiny little stand at the Ally Pally show, they came from a place in Surrey.
    I think Bootsam is right, they were in a Ducati 916 accessories brouchure but some what cheaper from this place.
    Anyway the bike was CatB 14 years ago now

6. Brain fart day! Sorry 2GOOD, got you confused with the OP.:redface:

Back to the Op, Collin unless you have changed a few things since the origional photo then your bike has quite a few differences to a Senna. I think you say it is a replica anyway so FWIW there is no way I would get rid of a set of far more desireable wheels for a set of horrible 3 spokers. For starters you have different zorsts, so maybe paint those wheels red but as I think they are becoming quite scarce there is no way I would be getting rid of them. However if you must, I am looking for a cheap rear one as I have a little crack in mine.:biggrin:

7. thanks for info, my bike is not full senna rep as i know that but i am happy with it and after all the comments ref- wheels i think i might be better keeping them and spend the 300 i was going to pay for 3 spoke ones on other stuff for my bike

cheers colin

8. Nice, but I wouldn't fit 3-spokes to the bike - the best mod I ever did to my 916 was fitting lighter wheels, those 3-spokes are really heavy.

My advice (FWIW) would be to get the 3-spkes for display purposes but if youre going to ride it then use the mag 5-spokes...

9. I have a decent set of three spokers, powder coated last year (black) if anyone is looking.
    Have a spare set of discs to go with them also.

10. You should be able to get three spoke wheels for about £200 or less as they not the most desirable of wheels. I only paid £165 for mine a few years ago as spares.

11. i actually like the look of the 3 stoke rear, very clean IMHO.
    But they are heavier than the alternatives.

12. Here is the bike with the 3 spokes on.

Senna 004.JPG

I bought the bike for £2k stripped it, cleaned it, powdercoated it and got it running properly. A good bike for the cash.

Senna 004.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. going to keep the gold wheels and be different ,thanks for all your advice, when did you sell the bike because I brought it from Parkinson Ducati last march from Glen who is a service tec there he own the bike and gave me a list a mile long of work and parts he fitted to the bike and strip it down as well so I think I got true bike.
    thanks

14. I will have to look at my paperwork.

They guy I bought it from (Jason) has a lot of work done on it in France, when the engine went pop.

I fitted a lightened flywheel to it, had the rear frame done it satin black and the headlight bucket in pewter.

I tracked it a little, then sold it to a guy on the Isle of Sheppy, for £3200 iirc, who also had an R1.

15. I sold it in the summer of 2011, hth.

16. senna rep

picture from inside of wheel ,what you all have told me I am sure they are light weight mag wheels
    View attachment 25015

IMG-20140216-00195.jpg

IMG-20140216-00195.jpg

17. Never powder coat mag wheels, they are too pourus, I bought some refurbished mag cup wheels for my old Porsche 964 RS, after about 2 months the powder coating started to come off in lumps, regular two pack paint is better

18. See now i always though the inside of the magnesium spoked wheels looks like this. IMAG0686_zpsfad97904.jpg

Though i am led to believe that some of the 955 race mag wheels were plain inside the spokes.

IMAG0686_zpsfad97904.jpg

19. I have a set of the ones without the trellis bracing too. Like Hodgies. But black.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information