1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing cost for M1100 evo

Discussion in 'Monster' started by simontt, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I can't believe you lot spend £500+ on a service!

2. I know. I've 'MUG' etched into my forehead :)

3. First service at JHP for the Monster is £176. £65 in parts, 1.5 x £55/hr labour then good old VAT on top.
    Just had mine done and was happy as usual with the price and service.

4. As long as the bike is covered under a warranty you don't have much choice but once it runs out why not do the basic servicing yourself? Monster lump is pretty simple and being a naked bike - everything is easily accessible. Things like oil, all fluids, filters and plugs you can easily do at home - it is really simple and you need basic set of tools to do it... why pay someone between £40 and £90(!!!) per hour?

5. Just been quoted £250+VAT for 24 month service, which includes belt change, by Woods in Abergele. There is no shim check at 24 months, but will add another £50 to have it done with this service. Ducati Manchester quoted £650 and 7.4 hrs for the same 24 month service!

Woods also offer a loan bike for use overnight or whilst the service is being done so shop around!!

6. Can anyone pls confirm if the next service after the 7.5k miles is due at 15k miles/24 months whichever happens earlier?

18months on my mileage reached 10500 as per this morning, think my Mevo must be one of the highest mileage around...

7. Yes, it appears that the service intervals are at every 12 months or 7.5k miles whichever is first. See service details at the following link: Ducati Dealers Triumph Motorcycles | Service Prices. Note prices are estimated and may not have been updated since 2011!

M1100_EVO_Service_Costs.JPG

8. Yep. You service every year or 7500 miles, whichever crops up first. If you were doing 15k a year, that'd be two services annually..........

9. There's a huge difference in what a workshop needs to recover every month to cover Rent and Rates in central London compared to Rural areas. I'd be expecting to pay almost double in W1 compared to sheepsville...

10. TBH if you want servicing doing by a main dealer, why not check out winter rates with dealers and get them done in the off-season? When I last used Ducati Leeds nearly over 2.5 years ago for a service on the 1098R the bill was less than £160 (no belts) and it was collected and delivered. 80 miles round trip door to door. oK I shared it when they dropped off other bikes. There winter rates were about £37ph as opposed to nearly £50 in the summer months. I had the same bike serviced with belts by an independent in May, the cost was £220 including collection and I rode it home. As the M1100s now needs belts and a service, I'll not be using a main dealer.

11. Try Ducati Proteam in Kent. A very highly recommended independent :upyeah:

12. Once your out of warranty it's worth if you can't service yourself going to an Independent.

It's VAT that is crippling now :(

13. I don't know about Ducati but car manufacturers now have to honour your warranty even if your car has been serviced by an independant garage. The only stipulation is that genuine parts must be used for the servicing and obviously it must be serviced at the correct intervals.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information