1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shelsley Bike Festival 4th September 2016, Get Your Tickets Now!

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Duke of Stow, Aug 14, 2015.

1. These will be there with Myself and Luke. Murray can't make it but I'm bringing his specially adapted bike and his legs ;)

[​IMG]

2. Pop by and see me in the paddock,I'll be one of the guys with a cone on his head.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. how's the weather north of Cheltenham anyone?

4. S'ok. Thanks for asking :)

5. what, so pack the sun tan lotion?

6. variable results but 2 forecasts say heavy showers this afternoon

7. Stayed at home. Not because of weather, because of the wine and beer last night and lack of ability to lurch from my bed

8. also stayed at home, not weather/ beer, didn't sleep a wink last night - will be out later.

9. Been out, Loomies/Bury Hill and Box Hill.:)

10. Closest I got tomriding bike was oushing half out the garage to get the mr sheen out try and and clean all the shit off it from silverstone ride back in the wet

11. I've been today and met up with Pete. Good to meet you, Pete.

Was a really good day and would say that the track is possibly better suited to bikes than Prescott.

Also....they had strippers. :cool:

To be fair I think the ladies concerned might prefer to be called burlesque dancers but nonetheless they took some of their clothes off as they danced. :upyeah:

12. I've just got back from packing up the show. A big thank you to all who turned out to watch, and those who ran the hill.

Managed to make the acquaintance of scrawn senior, aka Dave, and saw a couple of nice dukes too. David Hailwood announced a series of Mike Hailwood replicas from MV, Ducati and Honda for next year.

Looking forward to next year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It was a good day out, I'll go again next year

14. Highlight of the day. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

15. Great day and always good to put faces to names. Really well run event and clearly lots of graft went into organising it. Didn't even realise those ladies were performing, far too much going on with the bikes to notice. I'll certainly go along next year with a bike of some description.

16. it was a good day but i would like to see a bit more organization put in to organising the bikes as they get ready to run the hill.

The mayhem behind the start line gets a bit much especially with so many bikes spewing out exhaust gases at the same time.

17. Good to meet you too, @duke63 ; nice 748 "SPS" you've got.
    The track was well worth a couple of runs up the hill. YouTube videos somehow never quite capture the steepness of it.
    The weather was excellent, the landscape was beautiful, the natives were friendly, and the bikes were as varied a bunch as you could possibly imagine. The organisation of signing-on and queuing for runs up the hill fell well short of slick, but when you have a bunch of unpaid volunteers giving up their weekend you cannot be critical; it'll be better next year.
    For my ride home I went the pretty way across the Cotswolds at their best, a real treat.
    Those of you who stayed home instead to going to Shelsley really missed out; feel free to kick yourselves now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks for the feedback. As with Prescott Bike Festival, there will be a thorough debrief of the event by the team and changes made to ensure the next event runs smoother.

Being one of the paddock marshals I have made notes on what worked, and more importantly what did not. Unfortunately, everyone gets rather excited and heads for the holding area right at the start, so we need to improve on that in some way. It felt at times I was trying to heard cats!!!

Thanks again for letting me know your thoughts and, other than that comment, that you had a great day. I certainly enjoyed the day and meeting so many enthusiastic people.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information