1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shocked by M&P Swansea disregard for Tyre safety selling 4.5 year old tyres ! BEWARE

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by sim900sl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Superceded by the Power Pures. Just as I thought, an older design.

2. KJM superbike have 2000 900 ss dukes unregistered, I wonder if you bought one but insisted on new rubber what he would say? My 06 GT has its original rubber, rear now 90 percent buggered, but assuming the tyres were 'new' when fitted, if I did a track day and really pushed it would I notice the difference?

3. This wasnt about new or older designs , dont give a F88Ck about how old the design is, it was to do with old tyres , My new older design tyres are funnily enough going on an Older design Ducati maybe I ought to get rid of that as well cause its an older design.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Don't get arsey. The point I'm making is that you chose a set of tyres that have already been superceded, so the chances are wherever you went to buy them the date stamp would show they were made some time ago, not yesterday as you seem to require.

5. What the fuck has that got to do with anything. Just cause they're older and have been replaced with a newer design does not mean that they are now useless.

i take it in your world as soon as a new model of whatever comes out, you bin your old one and replace it! I wish I had the money to do that but I live on planet earth in a place called reality!

matt

• Like Like x 1
  6. Missed the point completely. Start at the beginning of the thread...

7. No not really. Just because an 'old' model of tyre was bought it does not mean that it still can't be 'new', which, from reading the thread it appears that that is the argument that you are trying to get across.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just got some part worns off ebay.

Front is 10 years old and the rear only 9.

9. Absolute crap. I bought a pair of alpha 10's for my 250 after they had been discontinued, very good 'cheap' price from M and P - their age when I bought them?

Listen carefully Mr Figaro - 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!

#129 duked, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  10. Let it go....for gods sake!

11. :biggrin: Well Done Simon and others for pointing out that a 'cheap' pair of tyres does not always mean you should expect (and put up with) old uns!!!

But fair play to Figaro for pointing out the possibility that they might have been designed for another market

Now please get rid of that prancing Hippo FFS :wink:

#131 duked, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  12. here here.......

13. there there.......

14. Where? Where?

15. Quite agree. But in most cases they are more likely to be older if bought from a discount outlet. Do you agree?

Bully for you. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. If you don't want to take that risk, don't shop at discount outlets.

16. 6 pages on a pair of old tyres?! Last time I looked it was about 10 posts....what have I missed?!

i'm often told some rubber has a sell by date, nothing to do with old style, but wouldnt bother me personally nless I was using them on track and pushng to my limit. Cheap is cheap after all...doesnt always mean VFM :)

17. This is the rhythm of the night, all night, oh yeah, the rhythm of the night!

18. :eek:

19. Popped into m+p today.didn't see any cheap tyres .but there were loads of hairy dudes on harleys there.you can imagine the looks i got,chewed up tyres from almeria .nobody bought me a tea.:rolleyes:

20. I used to work for this company but resigned on 31st August 2015 after 18 yrs service, irrespective of price etc when you buy new you expect new if you are dissatisfied you expect a decent response. I ride a CBR100RR very rarely but I know my tyres! Always put your bike first. Dawn

Do Not Sell My Personal Information