1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei Gt Air

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by turkish, Feb 16, 2015.

1. I've had mine (same graphic as the OP) for two years. Got it from Infinity for around 420 at the time. I wanted to love it but can only give it a 6/10. Inner visor hasn't scratched and is optically pretty good but the fogging is very annoying. I ended up buying an OEM dark/iridium main visor from Japan for it. I don't like the ratcheted action of the main visor, the movement is stiff when lifting it and the whole thing flexes when you push up on the tab. Vents are good and fitting a Sena wasn't too hard. The interior is nowhere near as plush as an Arai or Schuberth and overall the GT Air seems louder than those.

2. I have to say I'll be looking elsewhere for my next lid. It look like a Shuberth S2. Haven't ridden with one but first impressions are very good. Feels much less bulky than, well, than anything else I've tried on really.
    My only worry is that I've yet to put one on without folding the tip of my right ear over and no amount of wiggling will get it to sit rght. Shop staff always say oh its just new, it'll break in. I'd have to trust that that would be true.
    I need another year out of the Shoei really, its only 18 months old. Pity because there are some good discounts around at the moment on S2s, probably because they've brought put the S2 Sport.

3. Go see the guys at Smart Riders in Christchurch they actual care about the fit of their kit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information