1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Shopping - I Wants It !!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mattie821, May 6, 2024.

1. Not ever found F&B to be that good at covering, last straw was our kitchen which is a right pain to paint as it is 3 rooms knock into one.
    I did however paint our guttering and down pipes with F&B about 25 years ago with no primer and it has lasted very well.
    I like their colours but that’s about it.

2. Our south facing front door is testament to the durability of the brand. Water based Hague Blue painted 5 years back and showing no sign of its age, even around the escutcheon plate.

3. Named after the ex Tory leader, William, I’d imagine….

4. I see your mileage varies from mine, variety is the spice of life.

We have a West facing door painted in F&B that has stood up to weathering well as have the Wooden windows, maybe their exterior paint is top notch.

However my experience with their interior paints is less than stellar. I’ll keep having the colours matched by better interior paint manufacturers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got my eye on this bit like most, I’ll hear the door, the patio,a holiday blah blah blah :laughing::laughing::laughing::sob:

IMG_1806.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Don't F&B have a particular 'system' for using their paint which involves buying more stuff from them like colour coded undercoats along with multiple top coat applications. Handy that....

7. Genuine question here - what mechanism do high end watches like these Oysters use e.g. self winding, manual winding or perish the thought batteries :)eek:)

8. Its known as the Perpetual rotor, this patented system comprises a half-moon-shaped oscillating weight, which rotates in both directions whenever the wearer moves their wrist, winding the mainspring. This component stores and constantly releases the energy it receives, which enhances the precision of the regulating organ.

....'least thats wot they reckon innit!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Aha! so the same as in my £150 second hand 1970s Seiko then? :)

10. Yes but no way near as classy!

11. Or the Dutch city.

12. This model has a Rolex in house self winding mechanical movement mate,
    The Tudor I wear is self winding but for the life of me can’t remember who made the movement as I know it’s not in house

13. Well its funny you should mention it...

14. edited

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I’ve had 2 of these over the years. Got them both list price. Couldn’t now mind you… Lusted after one for ages and when I got one I didn’t really like it so flogged it on… No date feature irritated me when doing paperwork. Plus I need a bigger, bolder watch nowadays as the old mince pies ain’t what they used to be :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

16. Similar to you mate in that I’ve always wanted one but unlike you I’ve never bothered when it came to it.
    Very lucky to get these at list as I think an ad would laugh if I walked in and asked for one now, my mates a watch dealer and these seem to be easy to get hold of for him unlike the Patek and ap’s

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yeah. It was the ‘blue’ and ‘Hague’ that made me think of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Got my 1st one after 18 months on a wait list and my second walking through Schiphol Airport. Spotted one in Gassan Jewellers. Very lucky, right place right time… had been in the window 10 minutes…

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tudor Black Bay 58 is another option as a daily watch - less expensive but still a nice wearable classy watch.
    Very lucky to pick up a Daytona by walking into a dealer. Another five minutes and it probably would have been sold.
    The basic Submariner is still a nice looking watch.

• Like Like x 2
  20. can’t go too wrong with a black bay mate, this has barely been off my wrist since buying it, good with a pair of jeans or a nice suit, perfectly weighted and feels very well made.

IMG_1818.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information