1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Sidestand Bolt Failure

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by doughnut, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Yes matt, pm me your email and quantity

P'S. I will order tomorrow, just waiting a final price. Expect some pm tomorrow

Alan

2. Just a note,while replacing or checking your side stand,take a look at the rear of your side stand,my bike seems to lean a lot more than normal,on checking the stand at the rear(its a awkward place to look at)i noticed the paint flaking and i am pretty sure the stand is slightly bent.
    IMG_8358.JPG

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. My sidestand is the same, and it's leaning a bit too much as well! :(

4. stick me down for a bolt please dood

cheers

Nick

5. The side stands are rubbish on these. They are a tubular design and are subject to bending once you start loading the bike up. I have had one already replaced under warranty. Was a bit of a battle though as I had recently come back from a Euro tour and they tried to attribute it to over tightening of ratchets on the ferry. Only problem was I took the chunnel both ways.....

6. Knowing how crap the stand is, I'm tempted to investigate getting the side stand replaced with an alloy cast version.

If i did, how many would be interested to buy one, assuming that he price is around the £60 mark. I've no idea if what the price will be in the end, yet. I'll create a new Poll

7. I would be interested in a cast one. The Triumph XC has a cast alloy stand and it looks very good, not sure what the alloy is, but I would think it has to be something stiffer than Aluminium.

8. Hmm, will check mine tonight. I always use my side stand getting on and off (left foot on left peg) so I'm not exactly kind to it. Also just parked it in London on a hill, leaning into the sidestand. Probably get back to see an entire bay of fallen scooters

9. That's brave...

10. Now that I have my new bolt, i have more confidence with this. I have tried it and i've not had any change to the play on the stand :upyeah:

11. Is the bike really tall then??

12. I'm a short arse, so yes, most bikes are a challenge for me. I'm not able to lift my leg up that high with all the gear on, in shorts, its easy enough, but i've never considered being Spanish and riding around in my shorts.

I never complain of being short because I will only get the retort of why don't you get a Harley

13. Right folks, I have the final price, it will be as I stated before, £10 with postage on top, in your email you can state what postage you want.

The options are, for up to two bolts in a package:
    1st Class - £0.95
    Signed For 1st Class - £2.05

Overseas postage will be on request

I'm in South Leicestershire area, so you can collect if you wish.

Final point for your info, the lead time is 3 to 4 weeks unfortunately, this is due to the company getting a load of orders from an F1 team client of theirs and the F1 team is higher up the pecking order than I am.

NOTE to Mister Ducati, PM me for details of a company who can make a decent bolt for you

14. Do you want payment up front? If so, PM me your PayPal address and I'll sort it.

15. Same here...

16. Same here

17. Done!

Cheers

Mark

18. Thanks for the payments guys :)

The order is in now with the supplier, actually i confirmed it yesterday with them.

Cheers

Alan

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Doughnut, I'll sort it out with you when I get home.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information