1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone 30th July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Matt DWrecker, Jun 25, 2013.

1. EFA me old chum :biggrin:

2. :rolleyes:

Actually it was trying a mates 749rssrs fo3

3. Now we know that's a lie......

...you haven't got any mates! :wink:

4. Fair point....and as you're talking from a personal knowledge one I have to concede :wink:

5. Bluergh, been watching the weather for this for the last week or so flicking between nice and slightly damp.....seems to have settled on shafting it down :( Haven't had an opportunity to sort out the fairings either so it's the posh ducati ones....I'm wondering if it's such a good idea now, first trackday in the pouring rain? Or should I just man up a little?

6. Silverstone isnt too bad in the wet. Just dont fling it into the corners. Take it nice and steady just like everybody else. Nice and early on the brakes and you'll be fine. Its not a race, its supposed to be fun :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matt,

That's fine, but have to say that I have now had four UK track days this year, all four wet, and the gap in the middle when I had none booked for four weeks was the three week "heatwave" we just clearly finished.

Am getting tired of this routine. Wets on again tomorrow, followed by a mountain of cleaning......

Still a big track and good fun though, so still looking forward to it......

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ouch, 4 wet days is pretty unlucky considering :(

Been keeping an eye on things and looks like it might be dry for the first session or two with a little bit of luck! Guess once it starts it'll be a case of softly goes the monkey, I was using this as a kind of taster so all I have is a set of road tyres......not ideal, but should be enjoyable :) Times like this though I wish I didn't have white kit :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. That does suck I agree, four wet days can get a bit grating, however, a trackday in the heatwave would bring whole new problems so don't beat yourself up about it :smile:

10. Hmm, well I see what is was being said about FE, dunno if all days are like this.....this is just a disaster :( Kinda my own fault but a little more organisation and direction would be nice! Hey ho

11. Whats happened?

12. I just had no idea what was going on and I was trying to work out where I should be and what to do :( Done 3 laps so far, mostly my own fault though mixed with a touch of cowardice in the face of rain! Guess I'm just not used to it, only done the CSS days and they are pretty good at making sure you know what's happening.

Hopefully this afternoon goes better!

13. And it did thankfully, last 2 sessions were dry bar a couple of patches and it seems I worked everything out! I thought they said the split the inters at the start of the day, so I assumed there were 4 groups :rolleyes: Turns out there were only three....a little more help at the start of it all would have helped a great deal too but I guess they have quite a bit going on.

Might look at Donnington on the 5th now I know what to expect and see how that goes...

14. Glad it worked out for you in the end. Hanger Straights great isn't it :) :)

15. It is, the whole circuit was pretty amazing. Took me a while to get into it but last session felt pretty good, just need to learn how to deal with them pesky litre bikes a bit/lot better

16. You catch them up on the bends then stuff it up 'em :wink:

17. Lmao! That's the thing, I need to plan a little I think and do it heading into a series of corners....seems if I don't get it early enough I don't get far enough ahead and they just go honking past on the straights and I'm back to square one. Should be noted though that's only some of them....most just honk past and vanish :)

18. More track and bum on the seat time will help. Stuffing it up em is the worst thing you can do....and what most complain about others doing to them :rolleyes:

Just ride smooth and enjoy and you will get quicker then the ones who were a problem just seem to not be any more

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yup. That was part of the issue, trying to get past without tripping/screwing anyone up....guess I'll just book more days and see how it goes :)

20. The best thing to do is to be predictable and don't cut anybody up in the corners :smile:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information