1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyhook handle bars

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Hookey, Mar 1, 2014.

1. I haven't noticed wobbly bars either. I will investigate next time I have the covers off.

I would guess that any rubber is to reduce finger numbness due to vibration on long runs? BMW Ks used to have this but I thought it more of a problem with 4s rather than twins.

2. Got a Skyhook Touring S and hadn't noticed any movement in the bars before, so went and had a look this morning. Sure enough there's a bit of movement, the two pillars that mount on the top yoke are obviously rubber mounted (presumably to isolate some vibration). Only see it when push /pulling on both ends of handlebars, hence not noticeable under normal circumstances when only loading one side or the other (light load = fork turns).

3. I glad I'm not imagining it but amazed more haven't noticed it when moving the bike around etc.
    I wonder if it was done out of necessity with the new suspension, or just to generally smooth some vibes out. Can't say I noticed a problem with the Ohlins set up in that regard.

4. I've got the S GT it has sky hook, I have taken out he 20mm spacers to lower the bar risers, I can confirm the bar clamps / risers are fitted with rubber bushes, but mine don't seem to be as loose as your making them sound?

5. I wouldn't say they're very loose, you have to tug on them a bit to feel the movement at standstill and then it's millimetres not centimetres.

6. Tbh I thought that movement was because the bars are just so long, rather than the, so a little flex rather than rubber mounted. But as said, never notice anything on the road.

7. Oh they've fell off! ...only joking, I'm sure they're absolutely fine.

8. It's not just the Skyhook bikes my 2010 is exactly the same. I'd never noticed until this came up.

9. Well I never. I had a 2010 version and didn't notice it on that.

10. In Englisch für mich schwierig :smile:

Die 2010-12er Multistrada hat den Lenker gummigelagert.
    Ab 2013 ist ein weicherer Gummi verbaut.

Ich merkte das sofort bei meinem Umstieg von der 2010er auf die 2013er Multi.
    Der Lenker wirkt wie wenn er sich leicht biegt an den Enden.

Ein wirkliches Problem sehe ich bei der 2013er Multi aber bei der Sachs Gabel.
    Beim Negativfederweg scheint es grobe Probleme zu geben.
    Schläge gut spürbar an der Gabelbrücke beim Ausfedern.
    Ich bin selbst davon betroffen und das seit Auslieferung.

Im ducati.ms auch ein Riesenthema.
    2013 Skyhook Forks clunking and banging on Full extension - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

11. Me neither.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information