1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Skyhook Suspension - Other Owner Experience Needed.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by OlWhittyOne, Mar 29, 2016.

1. I dunno about all the settings but I know that whenever I'd put the Sport mode on and go for a ride with the Mrs she'll always complain about the suspension during the ride.
    My conclusion use always Touring mode when riding with a passenger and keep the Sport mode and any other suspension tweakings for when you ride alone, my 2c

2. Gave it a bash today , 6 full turns was definitely too much , dialled it back a bit , will give it another go tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  3. have you changed the suspension settings at all? Remember preload is about having the bike settle in that 1/3rd plain, reaction on the road is comp/rebound. Maybe add +1 on harder from std first?

4. You mean 1 full turn rom standard ?

5. sorry no, I mean via the dash changing to softer or harder in the settings menu, there are 5 setting from memory

preload isn't designed really to make a ride softer/harder, its designed to put the bike in the right position in the suspension for the compression and rebound to work effectively. These are what make the ride better.

Well in normal suspension, skyhook may be different. Certainly preload plays more of a part, with it too soft to seems to over compensate and firm the ride so it becomes ironically harsh hard ride. To much preload and the opposite. Skyhook seems to want to always keep the bike in the optimum suspension range. Guessing thats the point. Hence preload makes such a difference, where on a regular bike imho it seems to me are less susceptible to small preload changes

6. Yeah that kind of makes sense , the amount I put on seems to push the tyre to the point of sliding when hard cornering , I ended up running it in touring to eleviate that feeling , which seemed to work , will go back to base setting and try it a turn at time

7. I'm 120 kgs and sure I never stuck 1 full turn for 15kgs on, more like 5 1/2 turns or something, and mine seems to work fine enough to scrub the front to nearly the edge of the tyre and certainly doesn't push wide, and absorbs all the shite roads around north cotswolds

8. You were right bradders
    Added one full turn from base setting ,and it's sweet as a nut.
    Had decent day on it today and I'm happy with the feel , can't knock the Bridgestone t30's either , really nice feel to the front now

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information