1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Charged the battery on the PP. Trouble is, I’m busy all next weekend, so by the time I get a chance to ride next, they’ll have probably started gritting the roads.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fitted new bar end mirrors to the 800RR.:)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bought tickets to the British round of the 2023 MotoGP at Silverstone and included 4 nights Glamping :D Andy

• Like Like x 5
  4. Gritting the M6 around spaghetti junction today at midday.o_O

• WTF WTF x 2
  5. No trickle chargers?

6. Yes but I don’t keep them on

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Ok, so you just tease your flat batteries with the trickle charger…. Might be why peeps don’t come round yours if there’s a group ride, preferring to meet you somewhere to avoid pushing you and your bike up the street? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Might be an idea to turn them on ! Or is this an ‘in’ joke ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. It’s Bradders not wanting to increase the energy suppliers profits too much is my take on it, that or he a tight git. Care to comment as you seem to know him well @cookster. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Refitted the baffle on my winter bike after it blew it out going through Ledbury.

11. I’ve never been convinced trickle charges don’t damage the battery over time when not in use. When I have used them, and bike hasn’t moved for a long time (over 12m), I’ve found the battery is US just as quick as if I let it discharge and every couple of months put the optimate back on for a month to cycle charge. Just that I haven’t done these two for probably 6m. And I have started since, so that would have drained and not had it replaced.

I do, however, use in my car in the garage as two-three weeks it’s dead and the battery is very, very dead. So I live with that because it has a 5yr guarantee

12. Balls. That’s that then.

13. most people have a cigarette

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 20221105_131905.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Conkers inside...

16. Ahhh

17. Had an email the other day that my full six carbon belt covers were dispatched from conquest carbon
    . Had another email from royal mail today saying they would be delivered today by 6:30pm. So a bit bored this afternoon so took the fairing offer in readiness for fitting later today or tomorrow if it was getting late. What a surprise no parcel, an email saying sorry from royal mail that they will try to deliver on the next working day, so Monday.

IMG_20221105_161239.jpg

18. I hate it when that happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I shouldn't have bothered, no real rush to fit them and with weather like this the bike won't be going anywhere soon. I guess the excitement got the better of me, but hey I'm 48 and still get excited when I have a parcel coming

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information