1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Can’t quite make up your mind, so cravenly sit in both camps.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I have a cunning small bike thing related plan.
    It’s -2 degrees outside just now. Got my bike base layers on again.
    If I keep the heating off every day, by the end of January I will have ‘saved’ enough to buy another Ducati.
    Win:win :cool::sun:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Keep them on and it off for another year and you'll have saved enough to fix it!

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Just tuck your t-shirt into your Y fronts that will keep you warm:sun:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Had the heated grips I fitted activated. Given it was -3c they were very welcome on the ride home. Then spent a little while washing and polishing the bike as it was white with road salt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had the builder fix my ground anchor in the garage :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Good call. I moved one to the front of the bike and added another at the back the other day - felt like I’d been sat on the drill for half my life drilling massive holes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorned the Multistrada. I have no desire to ride in this kind of weather.
    I’d rather go somewhere warmer and ride.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Guessing I picked the wrong ‘done today’ post :joy::joy::joy::poop:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fitted some steel fuel line connectors I got off eBay. Well put together kit as it comes with the sealant for the female / tank side half, a spare O ring and clamp for the female / injector side half. There’s a nice, reassuring click when both halves are joined together.
    An hour well spent.

DE1F9FE3-0E42-4911-B75B-6D291F9AD362.jpeg 423FFCC1-E59E-481D-AD18-C6DF49B1CD80.jpeg 40973D47-6672-4826-9291-9EC5C454FB80.jpeg 46B5DD72-130C-4464-BB0D-7B1FCE3EAE39.jpeg 30087E12-2CD1-40D5-AA62-D41797F6D7A2.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  11. Charged all the batteries.

12. Fitted a private plate, which enabled a significant reduction in the size of the plate whilst still meeting regs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bought two new batteries and a new smart charger to replace my 10yr old Oxford one.

New year. New attitude.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Checked all the tyre pressures, surprised how much they had lost.

15. Stripped, Ultrasonically cleaned and painted the Dellorto SS1 carb from my Moto Guzzi Airone. Ready for re-assembly. Carb painting.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. Replaced the stop/tail and indicator bulbs in the 860GT with an LED for reliability and more embrightening.

[​IMG]

It really is a lovely old sausage. Had a little ride up and down the lane. It's the only one of the bevels I can fire up from the rider's perch and even after a few months of gathering dust and a slightly flat battery it fired up second kick (would have been first if I'd not left the kill switch in the off position).

• Like Like x 6
  17. Needs new tyres so while it's apart thinking about replating stuff...
    IMG_3953.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. 04A24E78-0A34-4EAA-8F43-2540A91DCC12.jpeg

Be careful out there !

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I've been warned... knobblies it is!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Topped up the fuel tanks on my bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information