1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Nice, you’ve left an indicator lense off.

I’ll get me coat

2. Have a look on the seat... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Oh, for highway maintenance?:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Now there's a thought...

• Like Like x 1
  5. No. They are on strike this week :rolleyes::poop:

6. Traffic Officers not maintenance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Good for them, I hope that their unions negotiate reasonable working conditions and appropriate remuneration on their behalf and the media doesn't turn the rest of the public against them. Quite why anyone would approve of the erosion of working conditions and the right to a living wage is beyond me... :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’ll be honest I haven’t seen the core behind this issue. It was a witty comment.

The PO guys I get: they are looking to heavily reduce their pension rights and change their working pattern to annualised hours. Train drivers not at all: they are simply demanding more money, citing passenger safety but that’s nothing to do with it. Nhs I’m 50/50 - more money won’t solve lack of personnel that creates the overwork - 19% pay demand?! Not forgetting they still retain guilt edged pensions as benefits so puts further strain on taxpayers - people seem to not align lack of money for drugs and equipments with an increasing pay bill in nhs.

Back in bike things…. Two boxes turned up, one with a pair of batteries and one with a new charger.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Reattached all the stuff that rattled loose on my winter bike, it’s a big single that shakes itself apart every six months.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gave the track bike a cut, polish and wax. I can’t wait to get back on track again.

6325DAA2-B824-463A-9BC6-E46600BA1181.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. It's OT but just to be clear that there are cuts that jeopardise passenger safety along with a whole raft of detrimental changes to working conditions.

upload_2023-1-4_16-41-15.png

The "offers" that the RMT members have voted to instruct their leaders to reject represent a real-world cut to pay (as long overdue increases that are far outpaced by inflation still fail to represent an increase). The government is said (by RMT) to be blocking more realistic offers that the private sector employers are willing to make and it is the Conservative government of Rishi Sunak that is vetoing these discussions and preventing offers being made.

Why should rail, post and health service employees work in critical infrastructure roles for private sector employers in worse conditions for less money?

Functional infrastructure (getting to work, having a functional postal system, being able to access healthcare) enables a healthy economy where the private sector can flourish. Surely the government must realise this?...

Good news about the batteries and charger. I'll belt up about it now, we're all grown-ups and will make up our own minds. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. The last time Railtrack, the predecessor of Network Rail, reduced track maintenance regimes significantly it did not end well - The Hatfield train crash (defective track through lack of inspections) when c10 people were killed and it was a miracle that it did not happen a) on a faster piece of track and b) with another oncoming 450 tonne express travelling at high speed did not run into the de-railed train where the death toll could have been hundreds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I simply do not believe RMT. Even if it was pissing down outside and I was stood dripping wet, I still wouldn’t believe it if that arsehole told me it was raining.

A stats doing the rounds is every tax-Ayer parts £1800 pa to subsidise the rail service and still they lose money.

14. Bought a front paddock stand so I can clean the wheels properly, without having to wheel the bikes round the garage :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. The statistic of £1,800 pa. might be a misquote?

The statistics that come from RDG are not especially helpful as they obfuscate the £1,800 number, however the Daily Mail offers up £1,800 over the past 6 years per household as their version of the figure (and they're not predisposed to knowingly flatter the RMT) which would be £300 per household pa.

Can't force you to believe RMT if you don't want to (although their reporting of the specific proposed changes to working conditions does seem to stand unchallenged, which is surprising if they're lying). I don't recall any times that Mick Lynch (I presume he's "that arsehole"?) was found to have lied, but am happy to be corrected if there's stuff out there I've missed. He seems like a pretty straight-talking person, and his assertions seem pretty solid and backed up with evidence. Most of his critics seem to attack the man rather than the argument, and frequently fall back on how much he earns or how much he looks like Thunderbirds ne'er-do-well "The Hood" to demonstrate his poor character...

Anyhoo, motorbikes... :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nice to disagree in an adult, civilised way :upyeah::grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. Back to the small bike things, ordered an Esjot 42 tooth 530 pitch rear sprocket for the Multistrada today. looking forward to getting that on with the new Afam chain.

• Like Like x 5
  18. And then hopefully more roadtripping?

19. went to replace headlight bulb on the multi-Strada, but typically of late, removed the wrong one, which was perfect on testing:D carried on and replaced dip and all working.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Chris, i'm surprised this has not been turned into a featured thread yet.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information