1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. 7?
    Sacre bleu!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Is that good for them? I was always told not to do that!

3. 8, the NC29 Gullarm hasn't run for 3 years but there's a plan in place to get it running too :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a routine which involves a warming and soaking sequence so the engine is run up to full operating temperature in about 30 minutes. It's the same routine I was shown to prep my track bike for the first session of the day. Served me well. Andy

• Like Like x 5
  5. What is a warming and soaking sequence? Care to share?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Start the bike, (apart from the R6 and the NC29 which have manual chokes) the bikes have a cold start high tickover so I don’t touch the throttle. Leave it ticking over until the water temperature hits about 65°C, then turn the engine off and let soak at that temperature for about 10 minutes. 2nd start, let the temperature get up to about 80°C using tickover and a few more revs say up to about 3000rpm then turn the engine off and let it soak for about 10 minutes again. 3rd start, let it warm up until the fans kick in, using a rise and fall of revs (not blipping the throttle) probably up to about 5000rpm. Once the fans switch off, turn the engine off and leave it to soak for about 30 minutes. Sometimes that’ll be it but on the odd occasion, I might start the bike one more and let it tick over but only until the temperature gets to about 75°C. Doing the 4 bikes, I staggered the sequence so it only took me about an hour, maybe 15 minutes more. Once the bikes were cool to the touch, they got put back in line, battery maintainer hooked up and then covered. Only decided to go through the process today because we’ve not ridden since before Christmas. The Monster is off down to MR tomorrow for its new Nitron suspension and I wanted to make sure everything is okay and it is sweet as a nut, started on the button. The Multistrada and Scrambler will be out at the weekend for IAM RS observed rides so wanted to make sure again everything was okay and it was. The track Multistrada hasn’t any action since September so it got put through a few paces on the Spanish 5% fuel still in the tank. All 4 bikes have inhibitor in the fuel so it’s good to push some fuel through the pump and the injectors. Andy

#3786 Android853sp, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. I bet my neighbours would love that process!.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. I did half close the garage door :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. That's OK then :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I can't wait till retirement

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ordered a new clutch lever and replacement folding Brembo brake blade for the track bike in preparation for Spain in March.
    Just in case o_O

• Like Like x 4
  12. was dithering over going for rearsets (bonamici) for v2 or just some carbon heel guards - finally decided the riding position is pretty bang on for me as is so ordered the heel guards (just hate the silver Ali ones they come with).

13. I have a fair bit of carbon on mine now inc the heel guards. Eventually I will put on Spider rearsets. I like the pegs a fair bit higher being a shortarse.

CB5391BA-E8AE-405E-B6B2-D5D7DA62B587.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. You putting it on the track?

15. Doubt it. I have a GSXR dedicated track bike already. I may do Ducati day in it though.

16. Oh ok , just checking lol

17. Taxed a bike £101 worse off. The amount of dangerous holes, channels on the roads are a disgrace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stripped my bevel forks. 43 years since Giuseppe put the oil in, it stinks a bit.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Collected the Monster 937 after it had a Nitron front fork cartridge kit and rear shock fitted. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  20. I am sure you will agree that the government will spend that £101 very wisely.

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information