1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. While I agree with you all, Earl Grey is a fine tea... Yorkshire TEA is the king of teas... I bring a thousand bags back each time I come from the UK...takes up half my hand luggage! :D

@Guillaume69 I have most of the French staff here drinking it too!

• Like Like x 3
  2. I used to live about 3 miles from there in the 70’s. I never knew it was there when I lived there though as Fine tea and country houses were not my gig as a spotty teenager.
    Did a “Great Northern Tour” a few years back to show MrsX my old haunts and made a point of going to Howick Hall to have a lovely cuppa.

#3882 RickyX, Feb 23, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good ole builders tea my go too

4. Who the hell puts Bergamot in their tea, it’s sacrilege I tell you. You lot will be putting Gin in tea next, good grief :mad::mad::mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. I thought you lot drank red wine for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. When I moved my builder said he’d fit my ground anchor in the garage, which he did……..but I gave him the wrong piece to install first so it wouldn’t all fit together. My fault entirely.

Anyway today I uninstalled the part that was sunk into the concrete floor, and reinstalled it properly :)

F0D6692D-EDDF-410B-9E57-07F94C838BCA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  7. We do! Kids too, starting at 2 y.o. Drinking tea is a discrepancy, really…

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pour les intelos..

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. well I managed to nail the flywheel back on, just before it got really cold and slapped lots of Loctite on the big nut, so a step further and it looks like the gasket faces aren't going to be too bad probably because I did them fairly recently. this, and take the slack out of the drive chain and I could actually ride the bike! (The multi-Strada)

• Like Like x 4
  10. I didn’t set up an mot reminder, but as I tax it monthly by DD they sent the reminder to inform me my bike won’t be taxed at the end of this month because the mot has expired, so the reminder wasn’t really to tell me it’s not mot’ed, it was to let me know they are about to fine me £80 unless I mot it or sorn it. :eek::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Finally got around to finishing the panigale valve adjustment. Only needed to fit new collects to get the clearance back into spec.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’ve through osmosis managed to service and MOT both bikes with the tax due date falling later in the year
    Should be plain sailing for here on in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MOT’ed it :upyeah::punch:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ordered some Rok straps to try with a 40L lomo bag I've borrowed off my dad for on the back of my supersport 939 instead of using a kriega us30 for this year's Roadtrip. Also ordered a ultimate addons ramball bolt thingy to attach the sat nav on to.

• Like Like x 1
  15. @doggy I find the Rok straps to be very useful!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thats what i use the only trouble i have with the lomo bag is its black inside and i only buy black pants and socks and can never find them without unpacking everything .the rok straps are brilliant carry a set under the seat all the time

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Bright yellow

IMG_20230227_175453.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. sorry but i just couldn't put anything that colour on my bike :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Right all you Rok strap users. Why are they so good/ any better than other straps? Linky??
    TIA. EPJ

• Like Like x 1
  20. To very honest, other than normal "bungee" straps, which I think are dodgy due to the energy the will store, the Rok straps were the first straps I bought for using on a motorbike and they did what I needed / do what I need, so I stopped looking. What I like is that fact that the elastic part is relatively short. Long enough to get things good and tight, but short enough not to store a whole lot of energy so that if it were to let go, it would not do a lot of damage or inflict a lot of pain. I am sure that there are other very good options out there, this is just where I stopped looking as it did what I needed.

Secondly, although not a consideration for most people, accessories of any kind are hard to come by here in VN and there happens to be someone who stock the Rok straps from time to time.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information