1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Booked the channel tunnel today ready for June's Roadtrip.

2. Thanks I've not seen June for a while.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. And by the looks of things you’re not going to

4. bought one of these for 12sey, to match t'other side....

upload_2023-3-7_14-12-16.png

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bought a new battery first time I’ve put the battery acid in usually the shop does it , it’s for my lads Aprilia RS 125, it’s been sat in the garage for a year now waiting for him to turn 17 and now is the time to sort out the carb and such in anticipation.

I think he may sell it though as he wants an Eddie Lawson Cagiva Mito if one becomes available at a price he can reach so he may need a bridging loan against his RS to clinch one.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Does driving to a Ducati garage in the car, talking bollocks and sitting on bikes count? If so, I shall update tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Depends which dealer tbh.

8. Dirty nails day. Full on calliper and chain cleaning duties.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Will spin the wheel, and see who wins

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. New battery on the lads RS125, would not start been sat for a year. Carb removal sent off for a ultra sonic clean of the internals. Took front wheel to get it painted satin black to match the rear and side panels to paint those gloss to match the fairing.

Fixed the none operational front brake wire connection so both lever switches work.

Removed all the dog poop anodised fasteners as Red on Black fairings isn’t a pleasant look, tomorrow the brake fluid hoses as they’re ghastly Red too.

Need to get a rear set cover as there are no pillion foot pegs meaning a MOT fail.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Just received my renewal notice for insurance on both the Bayliss and the Scrambler………..it’s gone up 19% since this time last year……….is that the kind of increase’s people are seeing?

12. Yes that is about right from my experience.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. mine actually just gone down by around 30%. But was expensive last year. for a V4PP which was pretty much first bike registered in UK last year and apparently it was model they "had no data on" last year so common story. bonkers but there you go. more sensible rate this year on renewal :rolleyes:

14. Mine is due any day, I’m also expecting an arse raping.

15. There’s hope then. I had to insure the V4PP and SFV2, both brand new models they “had no data on”.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mines gone up by 25% :mad:

17. Slip-on Akrapovic replaced the 950 Multi's standard biscuit tin. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Put the lads carb from his Aprilia into the ultra sonic cleaner I recently purchased all ready now for rebuild.

• Like Like x 3
  19. count yourself lucky! Carol Nash tried it on with me just yesterday. Gone from paying £400 which was way too much to over a grand with zero changes! Obviously told them to go forth and multiply! Went on Go compare and came away paying about £350 with all the extras from Bike Sure.

20. Put new battery on the pani…

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information