1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Having owned a Paso well nuts are the work of evil doers……:mad:

Is this the Shimano-Campagnolo thing whereby Campagnolo is beautiful engineering yet Shimano engineered beautifully. :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. There is one wellnut front mid section area and, after fitting all other parts, it’s slipped out so o couldn’t fix the plastic under the headlight. I went all Suzuki on it: lined the hole up, found a push fit fastener and shoved that in there.

B205700E-4F17-444B-BF6B-4499E38FBD71.jpeg 17AABF7E-45B4-42C9-9A68-1075893B6CDD.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. How comes the rearsets aren’t on yet? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Seriously though, with a masters degree in engineering, a full day to spend time on it and the radio playing yesteryears greatest hits, you’ll have them sorted! :cool:

5. Because I didn’t want to f*ck up all the levers and rear brake until it’s mot’d…..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. I’m going for one hill at a time…….:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. There’s an unwritten law somewhere that states after you’ve placed your bike on the paddock stand to take a picture of it, you must leave the side stand down.

90% of bikes on the internet prove this.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Finally got out on the bike today. I’m thoroughly ashamed to admit that I haven’t ridden a Ducati since the end of October. I don’t even know why, as I always ride all year round. I was expecting to wobble up the road, and be a bit rubbish, but it was brilliant from start to finish. I’d completely forgotten what it’s like to ride a naked bike at 130mph, but the aches are so worth it!

Will get the PP out next week.

EC452626-8773-4D5F-A085-A603EBC1F2C8.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  9. Just fitted the most expensive chain and sprockets I’ve ever bought :confused: !!

45568B7E-B743-4A38-9407-18CB5169D1F6.jpeg

Noticed that the DID gold X ring chain that was on it had a tight spot, second DID chain that’s done this to me and it had only done about 8,000 miles, not impressed so I decided to try something different.
    I remember seeing this RK “ black scale” chain in a build that I think :thinkingface: Dave Dunlop?? was doing, thought it looked pretty cool with the black plates and gold pins and rollers, right I’ll have one of those then, it has an XW ring in it to trap more grease…

B95617AA-7473-44EE-9D26-1D2645C07B97.jpeg

Should be good mind for……..£170.48 :astonished::astonished:!!
    Not only that, but I didn’t realise that the place I ordered it with only did click and collect, nearest depot was a 44 mile round trip away, so you can add a gallon of diesel on there as well.

Now look for a back sprocket,..kinda snookered here as the BST carbon wheels take a special Talon alloy sprocket……..£53.17 :astonished:!

Front sprocket was a more normal £22.65… so by my maths that makes a total of £246.30,..that’s about £100 quid more than I’ve ever paid before,..nuts!

Does look nice though :D ….

1F4E8FE2-AF0A-409B-AADE-EBF514EBBEB9.jpeg

See how we get on with this one :thinkingface:

Noticed when I had the front sprocket cover off changing the front sprocket, I was cleaning all the old gunky chain lube off it and found two split X rings from the DID chain, it must have been slinging them out like shelling peas :( that’s me done with DID chains, despite being meticulous with cleaning and maintaining them I just don’t seem to get the life out of them , see if RK can do better :upyeah:

• Like Like x 7
  10. First thing this morning I washed the Scrambler after I’d done 220 miles on it yesterday. Then I checked and pumped the tyres up on the Panigale (and my car).

11. Welded and repaired the centre stand and frame bolt holes on my bevel. Not a very good design.

12. Had a reet good wander about today on my trusty workhorse Ninja, not putting the Panigale on the road till next month, too much salt still on the roads here.
    Went around by Yafforth, Northallerton, Thirsk, out to Helmsley, cut up through Hutton-Le-hole to get to one of my favourite tea rooms - Danby bakery - about a 90 mile round trip?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...ews-Danby_Bakery-North_Yorkshire_England.html

Your in God’s country here lad..
    0FEF051B-3776-4425-8DB2-242BDA759B12.jpeg
    03B558F8-D092-4D2E-A654-ED5C13A950EF.jpeg

Beautiful sunny, dry day here, but a bit chilly, frost warning 3c lit up on the bike while I was crossing the moors at Blakey Ridge :cold_sweat:

Danby Bakery, just a little place but I’ve used it loads when I’ve been out on the pushy or MTB

B7194D43-E89F-4EEF-8CC1-5FD6F5E395AD.jpeg

Had spicy tomato soup and a toasted cheese scone ( half gone here ) and a Hikers slice and Cappuccino after..yummy!

9F784DB0-1E2A-44E7-BDAD-612E1241FA43.jpeg

All served by a proper Yorkshire lass tha’naas :D:upyeah:

C491848A-9072-45B5-896D-8B36CCD5E8AF.jpeg

A grand day out Grommit, …who says that :thinkingface: ??

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1

13. If you squint that SX looks like a Tuono. :)

That be a Lancastrian that utters that.

Wrong thread by the by.;)

14. :thinkingface:?..Not with you DS,..why’s that?..my brain must still be frozen :cold_sweat: !

15. You’re in the small bike thread not the what the hell I’ve done today thread?

16. Polished my pipe and oiled my chain. 30EF374E-33A3-4CB4-83A7-49EF8494EFA8.png

• Like Like x 3
  17. Got to empathise with @bradders and @Poucher having spent the afternoon sun putting the bloody fairing back on the Panigale again after the winter water pump refurb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. A Lancashire person?

19. Gets easier the more you do it, patience and perseverance ;):upyeah:

20. Washed the Monkey and Streetfighter after the last few rides. Will detail them properly tomorrow.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information