1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Before 1st April it was £101. After it is £111.

2. It’s the differing amounts based on a formula we aren’t aware of doggy, the puzzling is why if VED is supposedly for motorcycles based on capacity a 899 pantiripper costs more to tax than a litre plus kwackkwack. Not the usual budget rise unless Poucher tax them either side of the cost rise threshold?

3. #4083 bradders, Apr 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve been gardening today so I’ve just looked at them in the garage when I’ve been in to get gardening stuff. :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Back together. Oil change this week, and then MOT...
    IMG_4449.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Motorcycle (with or without sidecar) (TC17)

Engine size (cc) Single 12 month payment Single 12 month payment by Direct Debit Total of 12 monthly instalments by Direct Debit Single 6 month payment 6 months by Direct Debit
    Not over 150
    £24 £24 £25.20 N/A N/A
    151-400 £52 £52 £54.60 28.60 27.30
    401-600 £80 £80 £84 £44 £42
    Over 600 £111 £111 £116.55 £61.05

So, looking at that badly copied chart above,..everything over 600cc is now £116.55 if paid on a twelve month DD.
    I taxed the Kawasaki on the 1st March and for 12 months DD it totals £106.05, so it looks like I got the Kawasaki in before a price increase, ..did Road fund license go up in the Budget or something??
    I think that must be it :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Doesn’t it always for motorcycles and cars.

8. That’s more than I’ve done bikewise ET.;)

9. Gardening stuff in with the bikes?? Not allowed in this household.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pannier brackets on.

Panniers on.

Panniers off.

Rear bag on.

Rear bag off.

Pannier brackets off.

Blanking bolts in.

Roast dinner.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Not disputing your argument, I actually agree with it

But, how do you buy your bikes?

If it is on finance, it is exactly the same principle, you pay extra, to have the ability to spread the payments over the agreed amount of time

I also think the VED should be scrapped, and put on the already extortionate fuel duty, so, you pay as you use

On a side note, I also think the Biased Bullshit Cororation TV licence fee should also be scrapped

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Road tax is not an option

Bikes are a luxury in life and paid for in cash if I choose to buy one.

Government legislation should not be profiteering from those who cannot afford to pay the whole tax liability in advance

These two things are completely in a different sphere

#4092 Carr01, Apr 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Technically, ready tax is an option

It is your choice to own a vehicle, if you own a vehicle, road tax forms part of the ownership

If you don't want to pay the road tax, you have 2 choices

Buy a vehicle over 40 years old, or, don't buy a vehicle

Paying for your VED monthly, and paying finance monthly, are exactly the same, you are being charged interest for the privilege of spreading the cost over a period of time

#4093 Robert Colliver, Apr 3, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Not sure about your Monster Paul, on the earlier bikes that have access to reading codes and making changes the options are more limited. Will need to check the spreadsheet for the OBDStar specifically for your bike (away from my desk until this afternoon though). Even then it can be a bit vague as to what the capabilities are. We should know more about what it can do on Tuesday, once we've plugged it in.

15. Whatever way the permutation is crunched, it's a rip-off in my opinion. How can one person pay road duty for a dozen or so vehicles a year when they can only ride one at a time. The government are greedy bastards yet they waste Billions a year on pointless exercises that don't enhance peoples lifestyles.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dropped my supersport 939 off for an annual service. Booked my superlight in for belts and oil etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fitted my private plate.

18. RS 125 repainted top yoke as I wasn’t happy with the finish once it had completely dried.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I did consider taxing this one yesterday as the sun was out in force, but then decided the government can wait for their money.
    20230404_103549[1].jpg

20. You teach those bureaucratic buffoons by not having the enjoyment of riding your bike on a nice warm and sunny day!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information