1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Sold it :yum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bought mesen a pair of these….

58ACBDDE-3046-4A62-9A51-B6E43B81C237.jpeg

RST X tech pro jeans,…never rode in jeans before, but I thought they’d be just the ticket for nipping to the coast for an ice cream on a nice sunny day , …..guarantees they’ll never get used then ;)
    £180 quid ffs! :scream::scream: …..for a pair of jeans, I can remember when I was a kid getting “ 10 Bob shrinkers “ from the Co-op! :D
    Thought I’d try them out on a little ride this morning, took the Kawasaki for a little bimble over to Richmond…cup of coffee and a chicken and stuffing sandwich….£3:30 how’s that for value :upyeah:
    On the bike the jeans felt great, really comfy, good fit and I’ve got the Dainese belty thing so I can zip my jacket to them dead secure.
    Really heavy construction and fully lined with Kevlar, the hip and knee armour is thick moulded rubber and CE level 2, I think these probably offer more protection than my GoreTex gear, very happy with them :upyeah:
    Kept telling myself to …”just go steady, you’ve only got jeans on “ but it didn’t work ;)
    Skies were threatening on the way back, just like my pushy ride the other day, got back to Yarm, about 8 miles from home and the heavens opened :triumph: !
    The shower only lasted for about 4 miles and I was starting to leak through all the gear, but what really p1ssed me off was I’d only just got the Kawasaki really squeaky clean after my Scotland trip :mad: by the time I got home the bike was covered in mud from all the sh1te :poop: on the road from a new housing development down the road and it was sprayed all up my back and on the arse of me new jeans :joy: !
    So I’ve spent the afternoon cleaning everything,….again! drives me nuts!!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had a go at riding in jeans but even at motorway speeds, the heat from the Pani was a lot worse than with leathers. They were just normal jeans though, maybe those are better for heat…

4. No,….It’s the heat from the Kawasaki that’s better :joy: :joy: !!

• Funny Funny x 2

5. Aren’t you a little old for jeans or is country and western a thing in Yorkland?

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. They make a refreshing change from my “ pensioner beige” crimpeline slacks with the pi55 stained crotch actually,….:D;) !

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Actually @DucatiScud you mentioning “ country and western “ reminds me of a joke my old tool room manager told me years ago….
    Ooop north in Cleveland there’s a village called Eston, and every Sunday night Eston social club used to have “ turns” on.
    So the compare for the night gets up on the Mike and says….
    “ Now ladies and gentlemen,..for your entertainment tonight we have some country and western “

Two old dears in the audience, deaf as posts turned to each other and said “ what did he say??”
    One of them thought for a minute and said,…
    “ I think he said next,.. it’s some C*nt from Eston” :joy::joy::joy:….well you had to be there I suppose ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Or as I’ve heard it told, ‘some c*nt from Preston’.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paid for the PP service, they’re delivering both bikes back to me tomorrow.

10. Ouch!,

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. was reminded me only yesterday how "you can't take it with you" and might me tempted to do this in the future (pay for servicing).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spent yesterday riding the North Antrim coast, first stop for fuel was Bushmills, we followed the scenic coast road, stopped for coffee at the Bothy in the village of Dunseverick. Next stop was Ballycastle for fish and chips then Torr Head when I discovered I didn’t have my phone. We rode back to Ballycastle where my wife found the phone where we had sat to eat the fish and chips. Back to the holiday home before the racing. We walked the 1.4 miles to the Magerabuoy Chicane with friends and watched the NW200 races, great to see road racing after several years.

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2340.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  13. Cracking day for it!

The first time I rode the North Antrim Coast it was on a day like you had, it was truly superb
    The second time, not so much!

14. We have seen plenty of rain since leaving home, just not much yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  15. It is called the Emerald Isle for a reason!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I always get them both done at the same time. That way they can pick them up at the beginning of the week, and do them at their leisure, as long as I have them back by the weekend. With dealers booking months in advance, it helps to be a bit flexible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ordered the full set of radiator and oil cooler guards for the Multi from Evotech.

They'll be fitted by the dealer next Tuesday when it goes in for its first service :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Get the engine guard and header protectors as well Terry, you’ll protect the front of the engine.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Not so much today but the last few months since I was here last. Rebuilt the top end of my Nsr250 because well it is a 2 stroke and they love destroying themselves! Then it developed an electrical problem where it keeps blowing the Cdi after a 40 mile ride. long story short it’s blown 3 Cdi’s and I’ve stripped the bikes electrics completely, replacing most of the ignition components and it still doing it. Cdi’s for this bike are rare and around £800 each second hand. I don’t think it will ever run again as I’m now bankrupt.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. ^ that's a sad end to that story, I'm sure it's more complicated than I'm thinking but isn't there some modern equivalent replacement
    that you can totally swap out?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information