1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Put my new registration number on the bike, and amended my insurance to suit :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. About standard for off-road.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to off roading :upyeah:

p.s. they all do that sir :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3

4. Actually I think my bike isn’t well , it’s brand new so shouldn’t really have this issue but I think I’ve sussed it.

Went out again earlier and confirmed it, the fucking thing definitely has narcolepsy and randomly falls asleep on me suddenly and has a little lay down. Getting bored of picking the sodding thing up tbh :mad::rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 8
  5. Good to see you active, and enjoying yourself, even though the bike keeps passing you off (or is that, throwing you off? )

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trying to do what I can to get by mate. Due to do another update but finding the time is a pain… not as painful as throwing myself to the ground constantly mind you !

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  7. Just getting over a broken Scaphoid from falling off my Dirt bike here.

8. Today I’ll be cleaning my bike. Again.

Bloody flies!

9. Home fitted a front tyre with no damage in under 30 mins!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Top tip, if you ever have a small off and break the little ball off the end of the clutch lever, make sure you replace asap. I can assure you, staking yourself to the group through your left foot and out the other side with a motorcycle smarts a bit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Not really what I've done today, but was interesting to see a coolant temperature drop on the panigale at donington yesterday after fitting an air/oil cooler rather than the water/oil heat exchanger normally fitted.
    Might need to fit an oil temperature to see exactly what is happening

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Expat Jack

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Can you start a thread on this please? I was there yesterday and my Pani was running at 102 degrees in the afternoon session whilst on track. It hit 110 degrees in the garage. I spoke to the Ducati tech (brilliant bloke, very helpful) and he advised I park it up and investigate when it had cooled down. But saying they do run hot of course. He checked a couple of instructors bikes when they can in and they were 98 - 102.
    Checking this morning the coolant is a bit low (lower mark) so that’s my first port of call, no air locks I can detect.
    I separated the oil and water cooler on my old Daytona to good effect. Really interested in your mod.
    Thanks in advance.

14. I’d be interested in this mod too if it gets temperatures down.

15. In case you didn’t know, the tri options bikes run with the fans on a separate switch and keep them running all the time, my x 899 race bike was the same

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I topped the expansion tank up this afternoon while bike was on rear paddock stand. Right in bottom line. When I got the bike on level ground the coolant was below the line by a fair bit. Seems the coolant level is as sensitive as the oil level which behaves in a similar fashion on and off the stand.
    Obvious I know but how many check?

17. Mh racing Friday for a suspension setup/baseline for the zed....first time I'll have had the nitron cartridges setup properly....

18. Put the Nsr250 back together with the new coils and yet another Pgm3 (cdi) unit, fired straight up and runs perfect. I doubt I’ll ever take it out again because it may blow the cdi after 40 miles or I may have fixed it …sadly I’ll never know.
    It’s a real shame as it’s a cracking bike.

19. Guess it's a Schrodinger's Nsr250........

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Definitely :worried:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information