1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. New MOT, no advisors. Bin shot as required:

IMG20230526103817.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Having got a plate made up locally with my private reg t’other day Ducati Manchester were miffed that it didn’t have their strap line on so they sent me a new plate :)

That’s now on my bike :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I hope they’re paying you for the advertising? Mind you, you probably got the bike half price anyway!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Half price? I wouldn’t pay that much! ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. A trip down to Cornerspeed to see Nelly for my 30,000 mile Desmo service :upyeah:
    I seem to have hit the weather just right as Thursday / Friday was glorious, so 130 mile down A19 / A1M and M1 had to be dispatched, hate having the bike on motorways so I just stuck it in Sport mode and had a steady mid 70 ish mph ride down, didn’t want a nicking from an unmarked police BMW :rolleyes: …fuel economy on the way down was amazing,..more of that later…

1E3FB39E-2802-48F5-9BDC-1DDA08CFBFD2.jpeg

A couple of hours later, here we are ..

F732019D-D3CA-4DC7-9D6C-844E56B7E1CF.jpeg

Bike was stripped down and on with the job in no time :astonished: !

6548B1FE-6D43-4368-866C-4B6D13845821.jpeg

Neil doing his thing, this guy is busier than a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest :joy::joy:
    His workload is now up to August!

B35155D4-F99B-4E10-9229-FAAEA68FEE21.jpeg

Nelly’s awards and customer service recommendations :upyeah:

4F5D539E-5C4C-4C8C-89D6-0E4AD8F724AD.jpeg

About 25c yesterday afternoon so we had an ice cream to cool off before I jumped into my leathers for the return trip…

I mentioned that the fuel economy on the way down was amazing, it was even better on the way back with a new air filter and new plugs in,…just look at this :astonished: :astonished: !

FFC56880-7EC9-4A62-B0E8-4B3CD74AB1DF.jpeg

Over 67 mpg!..this little bike constantly amazes me even after nearly 8 years, normally it’s going like stink but it can turn in economy figures like this when it has to , what a little diamond :D !
    I came off the A19 at Thirsk and had a rip around some twisty roads on the way back and the reserve light didn’t ping on until it was over 140 miles :astonished:
    Thanks to the boys at Cornerspeed for a very professional and swift service :upyeah:

• Like Like x 10
  6. Wow that's a row of bins shot :heart_eyes:
    Nice bike

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the bins out Nelly :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Been out for a couple of hours this morning on the new to me 899 for the first time since I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

As soon as I got on it I knew I’d done the right thing. Fucking amazing bike and that sound from the termis is more addictive than any drug known to man.

Not ridden for over a year but the confidence it gives you straight off the bat is scary/mind boggling/sensational.

Same again tmrw and Monday I think.

Popped in to see me mum but she was out (probably a blessing in disguise lol) so sorry, no bins this time.

IMG_2657.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  9. Received confirmation my bike has cleared customs and will be making its way to the dealer next week.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bought some exhaust packing....

11. Not today, but last weekend...
    IMG_4699.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  12. That parking looks way too disorganized for me to leave my bike in middle of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yep and getting out was a faff! Thought clutch was going to throw a wobbly!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'd the same problem yesterday at a local church but i was in the Land Rover thank christ, there was a wedding on, plus 200 Hells Angels arriving in very narrow road, i kept on moving the LR further & further down the road just incase.

15. Ordered a new LH handlebar switch unit for my M1100.
    It had been playing up for a couple of years - it would intermittently show the high beam was on on the dash. Wiggling the wire from the handlebar would turn it off. When the high beam was indicating on, it actually meant that the headlight was off. I took it apart last year to try to resolve it but it only worked for a bit.
    Now I find the high beam is indicating on more often and wiggling the wire doesn’t help so I will replace the cluster to see if that cures it.

16. Cracking ride yesterday, this bike never fails to impress me. Was wondering what the new Diavel V4 would be like as a stable mate, but thankfully didn’t get time to go and have a go on one.

IMG_6039.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bought a new bike

Well, pushbike
    20230528_152810.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. No, small bike things, it is a bike, just it's a pushbike :joy:

19. There is a push bike thread though.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information