1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Is there?

Never looked for one

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’m not sure I agree with you on that score, I haven’t cycled ‘big’ Miles in a number of years. I’m a short 15 miler these days. I just try and cycle as regularly as I can which isn’t as often as I’d like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. To me, 15 miles IS big miles :eek::eek::joy::joy::joy:

I'll be lucky if I'm still breathing after 1 mile :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Just out of interest how were the valve clearances, still all in spec?

5. Two had been adjusted at the 15k service and Nelly said they had not changed, a few were still at factory settings and a couple were towards the top end of the tolerance range but not worth adjusting.
    I think once they settle in after a good few thousand initial miles they don’t move much :upyeah:
    My mate with the Fireblade commented today on how well the 899 was coming out of corners :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine were all in spec when I checked them at 32k and we are at similar milage so it’s good to know :upyeah:
    That fuel economy you got is amazing aswell! I must get off the twisties one day and see what I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes, it’s the one with the rainbow flag avatar

8. I wouldn’t recommend it, just a means to an end to get down to Nelly’s for the service, Motorways are bloody boring, ..boring at 70 ish and they’d still be boring at 100 so I just kept it legalish for the trip.
    Been out for a good thrash on it today, almost 200 miles, didn’t spare the horses and it still turned in 47 mpg average o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Replaced the clutch fluid - it was manky. :astonished:
    Bled the rear brake (again) - it needs bled much less since I installed the stahlbus. Adjusted the chain.
    My tyres are looking scrubbed so I’ll order a set of M9RRs.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I plugged the optimate into the Himalayan overnight, hopefully it’s going to start after breakfast for the short commute.

11. upload_2023-5-30_7-51-12.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Finally got around to doing the rear hub check, clean and grease on my 1260 Multi. Had to drill out one of the bolts holding the exhaust heat shield.

The manual said slide the axle out... had to use a nylon faced hammer in the end :rolleyes: It's still in pieces as I ran out of time but at least the hub is cleaned and greased with the recommended SKF grease and the road grot cleaned out of the swingarm. Have filled the void immediately in front of the hub with builders expanding foam to hopefully try and mitigate the ingress of larger pieces and pebbles in future. Partial reassembly tomorrow and then fitting new tyres ahead of Germany trip next month.

Finally used the Sykes Pickavant circlip pliers reccomended by @kartman in this thread. They were effective but I'm not looking forward to replacing that large circlip.

#4374 Bumpkin, May 31, 2023
    Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  13. After cleaning the carbs and not having much joy getting the Monster to start yesterday an overnight charge of the battery another attempt was made. Started with choke and ran for a little but at revved cleanly once warm, time to check all the wiring is ok tighten all the fasteners.

I did however discover the HiD bulb has blown after having booked the bike in for MOT Saturday morning, ordered a replacement to be delivered on a pre 12 o’clock Friday.

14. Success and rode it to work the last couple of days.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Finally put together a mount to hold my trackbike engine on a stand I already had. No more wrestling with it on the floor or bench. I should be able to roll it onto it side and split the cases after removing one side of it... but we'll see how stable it is when I try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  16. Routine maintenance on the bike trailer today as it’s going to get used several times this month. Four bikes to drop off and collect for servicing and the Ducati day at Silverstone. Andy

17. mostly kicking the ass out of both of them during this scortchio period. and i will continue to do so while the scortchio lasts. i have one hell of a commute. v,nice.
    i also changed the plugs on the fugly today. all four of them. that will be belts, oil and plugs all in one deca, sorry year. where can i source an air filter btw?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Slapped some road fund licence on the 996 last night in anticipation of sunny weather in the coming days, why's it so damn cold at the minute.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information