1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. New front Michelin Road6 fitted to match the rear I put on yesterday.

Too many dodgy individuals looking into my garage, it's to the rear of my house on a narrow private road. First was a scruffy guy in an old white transit. Stopped to ask if I had and scrap metal but looking over my shoulder into the garage/at the bike and laid out tools all the time. Today a jeep with two dodgy blokes in it driving at speed but slowed to look into garage as I was working... Last thing I fecking need. Bike fully secured and car parked in front of the door but I know from bitter experience that if they really want it they'll stop as practically nothing to have your hard earned kit away.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Next time, come out polishing your 12 gauge, whilst playing a sound track of angry Police dogs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 5 of us had a brilliant day's riding with @finm over to the Isle of Arran.

The pace may have been brisk :p

• Like Like x 5
  4. fugly tomorrow. i may even remember my tooth glue.
    they near fell oot going over those woops.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Looked at, and left a deposit on a 2016 Multistrada 1200S DVT to join my 1299S in the shed, should be a bit easier for pillion duties.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Popped to the dealer to see how many miles left on my rear tyre. Around 2k ish, the trip in a couple of weeks will be about that, so I may be cutting it fine.

Asked them to work out how much to swap the SFV2 for a Diavel V4. I may regret that, or rather, my bank balance may regret that!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Too many dodgy individuals looking into my garage, it's to the rear of my house on a narrow private road. First was a scruffy guy in an old white transit. Stopped to ask if I had and scrap metal but looking over my shoulder into the garage/at the bike and laid out tools all the time. Today a jeep with two dodgy blokes in it driving at speed but slowed to look into garage as I was working... Last thing I fecking need. Bike fully secured and car parked in front of the door but I know from bitter experience that if they really want it they'll stop as practically nothing to have your hard earned kit away.

I would "arrange" for a damaged and live power cable to be connected to any metal parts that they would have to move to access your toys

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Absolutely........sunshine and 26C two days on the trot :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tempting though that is then the old bill would revoke my licence and charge me with attempted murder/threatening behaviour. Also getting the keys, into then cabinet and cartridges in a separate location is intentionally too time consuming for this, and other, reasons.

10. Looked at and talked about them!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Charged the battery again and took the Himmy to Sainsbury’s at Helston. Tomorrow might take a ride to Penryn B & Q as I need more ratchet straps and a hozelock adapter.

12. Put £19:13 in her, used it all up. Enjoyed every penny of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Had a brilliant ride to Rannoch Station for a lovely lunch via the Green Welly in Tyndrum.

Apparently Rannoch Station was in Trainspotting and Harry Potter films. :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. and the restaurant is run by my landlords daughter and the cheff is her hubby. (the two younger ones) i didnt say anything in case any of you northern tightwads started looking for discounts and or got me evicted.
    truth be told. i only remembered who they were halfway up the road.

#4416 finm, Jun 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. It was all fine……mike paid for everyone :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trailered the Monster 937 and my track Multistrada down to Winchester for servicing. Had a senior moment at the service desk and returned home with the new chain for the Monster in the car. It was a really pleasant afternoon for a ride ……. back to Winchester :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Updated the firmware on the Garmin and the headset in my Shoei, ahead of the upcoming trip next week. Will give the bike a thorough clean and fit the luggage plate later in the week.

18. me? i just screamed as the road disappeared beneath me.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information