1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Gave the bike a proper wash, ready for the trip. Thoroughly cleaned the chain and rear sprocket, must remember to lube it tomorrow once it’s nice and dry. Will fit the luggage plate, check the tyres etc over the weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Round ride to Buttertubs Pass taking roads I haven't been on for years.

20230607_143258.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Because I can’t leave things alone. Taken delivery of some more components for the Nsr250 Pgm unit (cdi) and soldered them in, it all seems fine when I put power through it so hopefully it will let the bike run and I can use it as the tester rather that fry the one good Pgm unit I have left.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Travelling to Almeria...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Have a safe journey and have fun :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Fat fingers probably

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Would help if the nuke icon wasn’t on the end of the line ….. right next to your scrolling thumb :D Andy

8. Enlarge your screen :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Waiting for train to Gatwick.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

(Obviously the losing control bit, I hope that doesn't happen)

Sods law that Ive done my right hamstring last week...but I aint playing football.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Let's HOPE they've gift wrapped it for you and adding a nice bow tie.

#4450 XH558, Jun 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mmm, take time to stretch the hamstring before and between sessions, you are going to be putting a lot of weight through the pegs in the bends. A word of caution, the on site medic’s rule of thumb is to stick a needle in your bum cheek for just about any ailment :laughing::joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Ive never done a hamstring before. Ive been resting it easily enough due to my rather handy laziness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Not today but the weekend the zed will get a good going over post TT trip.!

• Like Like x 2
  14. In hotel now. Matey didnt make it past the boarding. His passport had only 3mnths left on it. Gutted for him. Met up with northern lads from last yr so the banter has begun…spanish tv is shite.

• Like Like x 3
  15. By no means small but the job sits here anyway. Bought a kit to convert my 1200 Multistrada from 530 to 525, mainly to widen the choice of sprocket combinations and to see if the 15F/43R combination on my track bike, works as well on my road bike. Had it all planned out until I couldn’t adjust the eccentric hub back to 0° as I started disassembly and it just went down hill from there. The rear caliper mounting plate wouldn’t go over the body of the eccentric hub which made removing the hub a challenge. After faffing about, I finally took a couple of pry bars to it, to leaver it off. Then the eccentric hub wouldn’t release, FBH to the fore and it looks like the hub was cemented in place by hard packed sh*t inside the swing arm. On inspection, the hub inside double roller bearing was on the point of collapse. That’s the second time for me in 52,000 miles. Fortunately, I just happened to have a rebuilt hub on the shelf, as you do :D Opened up the drain hole in the rear of the swing arm to 7mm too. Putting it all back together and saw that the rear brake pads were wafer thin so had to change those and on closer inspection, the front and rear sprockets were about done. I started at about 9am this morning and I’ve just come in to wash up. I did lose about 30 minutes whilst I waited to be rescued having locked myself out of the house and the garage in a distracted moment. Hope it remains dry in the coming days to see if my efforts are all worth it. Andy

• Like Like x 5
  16. IMG_0475.jpeg

“I’ll take the Streetfighter SP please, my Scrambler and a Wotsits multipack should cover it” :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Received my new Ducati C6 jacket today. Less lairy than the one I tried selling on here, which I’ll keep by the way, as the forum seems to full of shrinking violets!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bought a new helmet :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Only the few have taste on here I’m afraid………

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Because I still can’t get to grips with how hot Ducati’s run i checked the coolant levels in the rad and the overflow (again) and cleaned the road filth out of both rads (again) on the 899.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information