1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Took it to get PPF'd.

Not bad, but not perfect, so wouldn't bother again. Wasn't dear enough to go back and moan.

2. Travelled back from Almeria. Exhausted. Today was like Trains, Planes and Automobiles and I am not sure whether I was Steve Martin or John Candy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. I had my two done last year. Done properly, it’s worthwhile, I’m still not sure if the cost is worth it though, maybe over the long term it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Few bubbles, but see if they disappear over time. I'm fussy though, as I know you are!

There was a new PP there today.

5. The bubbles should go over time although there is no sure way of knowing at this stage that they will, if they’ve set the price and you’re unhappy with the quality that’s for them to rectify.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. They're a well know installer, so will see how it goes.

7. Yeah they should disappear over time. Hopefully. Any bubbles I had disappeared after the bike was left in the sun for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is what it is like here for 30% of the year. For the rest of the time, two changes of clothing would be required.

9. Yesterday got a pair of M9RRs fitted to the monster and put just over 100 miles on them. They replaced a pair of scrubbed M7RRs. The bike initially felt a little twitchy with the M9s, they are quicker steering than the M7s and drop you into corners slightly faster but not unsettlingly so. I quickly got used to them and my initial wariness soon vanished.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Final prep on the bike before leaving for France tomorrow

• Like Like x 5
  11. Wish I was tagging along!

Enjoy mate and be safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cheers Steve. You’d be welcome to mate.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I started my prep tonight. Tried a different bag that I borrowed off my dad and some Rok straps. It's 40L whereas my Kreiga is a us30. It's seems secure and speed tested it upto x18mph. Must remember to pack the rear wheel socket this time. Roll on Saturday morning. Don't think it's going to be a relaxing 9 days away, but who knows.

IMG_20230613_182510.jpg

IMG_20230613_182523.jpg

Screenshot_20230611_123331_com.whatsapp.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  14. I think my SW Motech bag expands to about 40 odd litres. Will try and get everything in without expanding it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Replaced the disc rotors on the Lav. SF New Discs.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  16. Dropped the S1000rr off for annual service and to have a new inlet camshaft fitted under recall o_O

Then rode my V2 Bayliss just under 200 miles to visit my parents as they had a list of jobs to do for them.

32 degrees air temp and soaring Pani engine heat meant a cool shower was needed when I got home. Given the heat I wanted to get home asap so hit the motorways. Lots of M25 filtering included which was a real pain but I got an indicated 69.6 mpg. Amazing.

Got a sore bum now though. :confounded:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Does riding it count? :) For the first time since I buggered my Achilles tendon on the gear change side I felt confident enough to try riding it. A bit sore but no nasty twinges, so I need to get out more now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Repaired the rear brake caliper on my lads Aprilia MX125, thought I’d try and refurb the seals and the seating fir them as the piston wouldn’t return for a new set of pads. I remain convinced the previous owner wasn’t a mechanic as claimed, but at least it has a shiny bleed nipple on it…….

Finish fitting the pads and C&S tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I appear to have sold one of my Gixxers today

May be on the lookout for another ducati, to go with my 916

• Like Like x 1
  20. Would a 1200s Monster fit the bill?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information