1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. It’s always the same. My s1000rr was showing 5 miles range today. 12.7 litres in a 17 litre tank. :mad:

2. I’d rather it be that way around!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Hmmm. I’d rather no gauge or light at (all if they are inaccurate) but a petcock like the bad old days. At least you knew when you hit reserve.
    Panigale fuel light is the worst. Tank can be over half full and on occasion the light decides to come on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That’s bonkers. But the one time we’re cocky, that’s when we’ll run out!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I agree 3 of my bikes have a tap and at least I know where I stand when they go to reserve.

6. Gone to Kelsall Steam and Vintage rally for the weekend, taken two bikes with me

20230623_142941.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. My stag fuel light will flicker on just under half a tank if I accelerate hard ( yes, you can accelerate hard in a stag)

8. Does MoT-ing it count?

9. putting 1299 back into road trim. front fairing being a bastard. Noticed that the tank protector cover has chipped tank on corners, so that's annoyed me. But my fault as i forgot to add gaffer in my haste to get it ready for pick up. Touched it up for now, will get it properly repaired over winter.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Got the (track) Multistrada out of the dining room and into the garage ready for a once over, in preparation for Silverstone on Tuesday. Making space in the garage means the 748R is back in the dining room pro tem :D Andy

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rode it home, via the french seaside.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Eventually got round to removing the evap canister.

Then made a small add-on for the canister bracket and painted it…

IMG_0520.jpeg

And then fitted the Denali Soundbomb…

IMG_0521.jpeg

Boy it makes some difference, fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Washed it yesterday, just spent a couple of hours getting all the tar off, and detailing the paintwork. I stupidly washed it in the sun, so it was covered in water spots. After trying about ten different products, Autoglym SRP got rid of them, with a bit of elbow grease.

Will get the autosol onto the headers later in the week, as they’re minging.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pinged Slick a message about fitting these...
    dyno / fit / dyno / dial in :)

flat_slides.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lubed the chains on both bikes using my Chainmate (as recommended on here). It's a great bit of kit, makes the job a doddle, and doesn't cover the wheel/ bike/ carpet/ me in lube in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Went to Nottingham to grab the lads birthday present IMG_3272.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Lucky boy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. D525A9BF-3363-4CBF-9E06-BBD0AE17C60B.jpeg Decided to ride to Donnington yesterday as the forecast was good and I need to get a few running in miles on the v4 , was a nice ride there and back and good to watch the racing, not so good taking out a second mortgage for a burger and coffee!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Painted lads Aprilia body work they’re better but they’ll not be perfect without tripling the hours which isn’t going to happen.

Fixed the grim indicator wiring, previous owners idea of connecting wires was to twist them together.
    Clearly not ever heard of bullet connectors, fitted new indicators as the previous fitted were all different from each other.

Fitted rear light yet again twisted wire connections which were replaced with bullet connectors.

Fitted new chain to the new sprockets and refitted the repainted front caliper.

I may attempt to wire up the speedo tonight if I’m feeling brave.:)

• Like Like x 4
  20. started cleaning Ugly number two ready for sale.

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information