1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Nice. My superlight is due an MOT in the next week or two

2. Booked Almeria 4 days Sept 22nd.

I'm fucking addicted

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Yesterday, took my 19 year old son, and his bike, up to Three Sisters race circuit, so he could complete his CTC and BRA for his ACU Race License

• Like Like x 5
  4. Had a new pair of Metzeler Racetec RR K3’s fitted to the R6 and not before time too, date stamp on the old Pirelli Diablo Corse was 2012 :scream: Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. As you gave me a dislike i've my voodoo doll out.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I can only apologise and it has now been corrected. I really should wear my reading glasses more often

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Me too, i've been testing my eyes for the past two weeks on here with no glasses on.!........but quite frankly my dear i finished.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Today I took out the front wheel on my ST4 to get new bearings fitted as it seemed to 'rumble' a bit. When I took off the mudguard, one of the plastic cups the bolts go in fell apart so now i've got to repair that or get a new mudguard!!:mad::mad:

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. New Pgm arrived today for the Nsr250 (yes another one!) so fitted that and a pair of genuine Honda coils I managed to source the other week, I’ll test to see if I’ve cured the problem in a week when the rain stops.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Absolutely nothing. And the weather looks shite this weekend, so probably nothing for a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rode back home briskly and on a very long, scenic route from P&O ferries in hull.

Cleaned my kit from a weeks grime in Germany, Holland & Belgium. Cleaned the bike too.

Next trip is a long weekend in the Brecon Beacons…….can’t wait! :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. 200 mile round trip to the south coast on zee s1000rr.
    Got a numb bum now.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Did a Desmo service on a 749S - fecking tapered collets :mad:.

IMG_2356.jpeg

29,000 miles and I’m guessing it has never had a Desmo service in its life, 14 shims needed changing :astonished:. Spookily all closing shims were 4.70 and all openers 2.15 so I’m guessing that’s what was put in at the factory.

Mind you, knowing what a faff it is and how much owners would get quoted by dealers to do the job it doesn’t surprise me it’s not been done by previous owners.

#4653 West Cork Paul, Jul 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Great work Paul.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. deducted that a battery was fucked and swapped it with a "not quite fucked yet" equivalent from the other bike.*

* cycled to Staines "upon Thames" to get a new one only to find store was shut early due to a computer malfunction. :neutral::(:confused::mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Chris, let's look at the positive side of things, you got some free exercise, that means you can fit in more junk food.;)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I fitted 848 stanchions and internals to a Monster 696. Perhaps I should say I fitted Monster 696 outer fork tubes to some 848 forks. Not completely straight forward but I now have adjustable, dual damped forks with linear springs instead of pogo sticks.
    I'm chuffed with that one.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Fixed my Nsr250!! At long bloody last, took it out for testing today and did 52 miles, It ran faultlessly. I checked the Pgm unit about every 15 miles and it never got more than slightly warm which is normal. The reason it kept blowing the Pgm unit was a faulty coil……wish I’d known that £1200 and 100+ hours of my time ago. :sob:

• Like Like x 6
  19. Was morepower any help?

20. I didn’t ask them in the end, I’m a stubborn bugger and don’t like things beating me so I eventually worked it out. It was actually an article I read on the SP1 suffering the same problem that made me twig on to what was causing it.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information