1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Ride the stock 937 first. Öhlins can only be a big improvement over the Kabia stock suspension but after riding the V2 SF, the Monster needs the 959 engine. EU6 has a lot to answer for. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Yeah, I know it won’t feel anywhere near as fast, but I’ve got the PP for all out speed. Having something not quite as quick as the V2SF may not be a bad thing tbh, as I always forget about my back/ neck etc when I ride it, so end up aching for days after a ride.

I’d put the full system on it, which should free it up a lot more, but will see how the standard bike feels on a test ride.

3. Maybe something a bit more 'classic' and beautiful Rich? Thinking of sticking with my PP and selling my sport classic......for comfort and new car reasons

986dc59b-3272-4f8b-ac39-98019437fd04.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Yeah I’ve been thinking along those lines as well. That bike looks like it’ll be the end of my back! Maybe a Monster 1200R, but I’d be slightly concerned about buying a lemon.

5. A successful MOT for my superlight today.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Finally ride number fourteen today, but it nearly didn't happen as some idiot forgot to plugin the optimate charger from the last outing, anyone a little bit of grass strimming for 30 odd minutes and it fired up for me.
    I keep telling myself it's time for it to go, but then riding it for a short period it gives me that.....i'm a lucky bastard or rock star for the day again.!...............keep it for another year i say.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fitted a rotary steering damper to my 696 (just because I can). Then started machining a new damper clevis that will allow me to raise the ride height. IMG_20230727_085042_384.jpg IMG_20230726_182000_856.jpg IMG_20230726_182949_880.jpg

IMG_20230727_085042_384.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I doubt your a cheapskate like me. Mine is a unbranded clone and cost £80 new. Still triple adjustable.

9. Okay, so mine’s not the same brand :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Today I changed the oil filter on my ST4 as part of a service prior to trip to IOM for the Classic. Not a big job you think but I have had a cup wrench for years to do this job and it didn't fit!! Problem was the last service was done by a dealer who fitted a Ducati filter which is 76mm x 8 flute and my wrench was for a HiFlo HF153 filter which is 'different'. Took me a while to work out what was going on BUT we (me and a strap wrench) got there in the end. HiFlo now fitted LOL. Slow? Me? Je ne crois pas! :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The silencers on my Nsr250 have had loose Kevlar sleeves since i bought it. The rivets that hold them on work loose and I’ve re riveted them a couple of times but one ride out and they are loose again so today I stripped them down and added a thin shim of Ali to take out the play around the sleeve. A quick test ride and they are still solid.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bought one. I think.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Picked up a new one .

PXL_20230708_103212219.jpg

PXL_20230729_155514516.MP.jpg

PXL_20230729_171218014.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Recently purchased a NOCO Genius1 battery charger for my Lithium batteries. So today I fitted the permanent lead to the battery to connect it. No more need to remove the fairing to charge the battery!! Hurrah my Lord :p:p:p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Realised that despite my reservations, after a day of hooning, I bloody love my V2SF, so that’s staying.

If anyone knows anyone that wants two high end e-bikes and a Honda monkey, let me know, as I’ll be getting rid of them to make way for the new acquisition.

16. Opened my garage door so my pal could put his Multi away until tomorrow :)

17. Finished the rear ride height adjuster clevis and shim kit for the 696.
    IMG_20230730_212645_274.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Finished as such my lads 2 stroke Aprilia MX125, it’s been a painful journey and hopefully the last on bikes previously owned by the ‘cable tie fetishised ‘.

Took it for a shakedown test to make sure if something did fail it would be me finding out what it was……Pulls surprising well for such a low capacity bike, easily gets up to 70 mph with more to come if only I wasn’t such a law abiding citizen.

He’s got his module 1 bike test tomorrow so fingers crossed he passes which he should do.

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information