1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Oh fuck, look out Manchester!!

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Took delivery of the SP. Fitted a couple of carbon bits (one of which flew off, as dick head here didn’t use any Loctite. Luckily nobody ran over it, so that’s going back on tomorrow). Also fitted the throttle spacers, spindle bobbins, pillion peg blanks & side stand foot and removed the Evotech exhaust heat shield that protects the number plate from melting. Melted the number plate, so will be fitting the heat shield back on tomorrow!

IMG_7267.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. You'll be finding out soon that Hypers are just shits & giggles every ride!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep, already have! It’s bonkers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Barking mad. Hypers rock. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’m wondering if a metal number plate would be a viable option. Has anyone fitted one to their Hyper, and does it solve the issue?

7. Fitted a steering damper to the Multistrada 1200 DVT, result. Neatly out of the way underneath the steering head, pleased with it.

Fitting a new lower handlebar didn’t go so well. The left grip that I was concerned about went well but I messed up my heated twist grip. Could be expensive :thinkingface::confused:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. I bet that was a happy Wednesday for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Might be worth popping that question in the Hyper section.

10. I’ve ordered one now, so will find out at the weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Had a short day at work today, gave me time to take the gsxr 750 out this afternoon, felt a bit sluggish at first (used to riding the gsxr 1000), but, after opening it up on a long straight, it seemed to clear, and rev a bit more freely

Far too hot for riding this afternoon though :sweat:

12. Spray painted the back of the metal number plate black, and stuck it on with strong double sided tape. It seems secure, but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Also degreased the crap lube from the chain, and used my go to non fling wax. And refitted the carbon heatshield that went flying down the A272 the other night. Used thread lock this time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Forgot to add, went to a local bike dealer, had a look at various bikes, looked at a Multistrada, tried sitting on it, twatted my knee on the box rack on the first attempt, second attempt didn't go much better, in the end, had to stand on the footpeg just to get on it, then found that I could only just reach the floor :astonished:

Then came the failed attempt to get it off the kickstand :joy:

Damn, they're a heavy bike :astonished::joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. I wouldn’t say so much as heavy as tall
    And once you’ve got over that you’ll be really glad you owned a multistrada,
    I know I was.

#4954 Carr01, Sep 8, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Done an oil and filter change on the GSXR750 this morning, as I have no history with the bike, I thought it best practice to do it

The oil that came out was pretty clean, as was the filter case (screw on type), so, potentially, it was done not long before being written off

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMG_0080.jpeg IMG_0081.jpeg Star tree d kicking garage about to make more for bikes now car living on the drive and I’m looking at trackdays again. Trust old work table and all the spares out… and the home to find this arrived :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  17. 240 miles on the Hyper, to get to know it, and I bloody love it. Lost the number plate somewhere in the cotswolds, as I attached it with double sided tape, so am looking forward to a ride where nothing falls off!

Wrists are aching though, probably all the wheelies!

Jumped in the river to cool down, and poured a few bottles of water over myself to cool down.

Some obligatories….

IMG_7276.jpeg IMG_7282.jpeg IMG_7285.jpeg IMG_7286.jpeg IMG_7288.jpeg IMG_7289.jpeg IMG_7296.jpeg IMG_7302.jpeg IMG_7306.jpeg IMG_7304.jpeg IMG_7303.jpeg IMG_7300.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  18. Tested the solenoid on the MX125 as last ride out my Sons bike lost it’s top end and we limped home at 65mph. It works so next try is a remove and clean the Rave valve….

• Like Like x 1
  19. [QUOTE="Rich-Brock, post: 2102675, member: 58980"

;) nice bin

#4959 Ducbird, Sep 10, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  20. It had my address on it, probably what what you were hinting at thank you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information