1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Went out with wife on the 750 today, to book it in for a new key to be coded, then on to an accessories shop to get her sone new trousers

Might have to look in to getting a triboseat for her, to stop her slamming in to the back of me when I throttle off, or brake :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Took it to the seaside. Got it dirty.

IMG_7353.jpeg IMG_7361.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  3. Spent some more time in the garage. Rear sets finally on (!!!!) shock shortened (rough measure is 20mm too long) - you don’t need to remove from the bike btw if it’s a ttx :upyeah: (which I found out after I had!!!) It changes gear. It stops the back wheel. Had to move the bracket on the spline one tooth as the change rod is too long and wind it in as far as I can
    IMG_0126.jpeg IMG_0123.jpeg D4F66AE7-7FCB-4288-B7C3-AD5757D74171.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. managed to catch another failing oil pressure sensor early on, I think I've got through about six in the last four years. Only two left so better get ordering some more!

N.B. before someone says that's what you get for buying inferior pattern part replacements, even the Ducati ones fail in a similar time period in my experience, spoken recently to someone with a very low mileage V4 SP2? where the oil light keeps coming on erratically, place your bets! (It's the same unit)

IMG_6476.jpeg

#4985 Chris, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. You got it

• Like Like x 2
  6. After riding through a monsoon, and putting on 900 miles since I got it last Wednesday, it looks absolutely minging, so will be getting a full detail tomorrow. Ducatis should not look like this!

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Bought some 5.1 motul 660 for the track slag.

8. took my carbs off the baby blade to cleaned my float bowls and jets, resulting in said motorcycle running smoothly on all 4 cylinders

• Like Like x 5
  9. Well done you

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thanks @cookster
    took tank and airbox off and then put it back together once, got super scared but nath came along, made me take it apart again, he disconnected throttle and choke and showed me what to undo and I got them off my little jets were blocked, number 2 wasn't running on tickover

• Like Like x 4
  11. 2 hours of cleaning today, and I’m done for today. Tomorrow I’ll need to spend a load of time removing all the tar from it. Why the hell can’t the people that surface the roads sweep the shit up afterwards, rather than just leaving loads of stones and loose tar to ride/ drive through.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It keeps you busy though :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ooo...good idea for a pic thread...dirty used bikes...the way they should be! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’m reluctantly posting these….

IMG_7378.jpeg IMG_7380.jpeg IMG_7379.jpeg

I’ve started taking some of the panels off, to clean behind. Just need to find out how the fairing ones come off without breaking them next.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. @iamme & @comfysofa - I've got a 4-dial vacuum gauge set in the garage somewhere if you need to get your 4-pot carbs balanced. I'll dig it out and make sure all the adaptors are all there in case...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. @Keith_P thank you kindly

• Like Like x 1
  17. A dirty Hyper. What they were designed for ;)
    Not much use, bit I can recall that on the 821 Hyper I had, the fairings were bugger to remove and the manual was pretty useless in explaining how to do this. On my Z400 I found a couple of videos on YouTube which were useful in getting the plastics off the bike in one piece, maybe there are similar ones available for the Hyper.

Good luck, they are fun animals to own :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. I certainly couldn’t be accused of owning garage queens! I like how easy it is to get to everything on the Hyper, so will take my time over the next few days, and get it back to brand new again.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I have got so p*****d off with every time I move my ST4, or even just walk past it I break one of the rear indicators. :mad::mad::mad:

I kno, I know, I should be more careful! They are 'hanging out in the breeze' because they are on pannier mounts but surely they shouldn't just be hard plastic? You want some flexibility? I have to turn the bike round in my drive and the first thing to touch the fence behind me is, you guessed it, he indicators and I know this because as soon as they do they SNAP! :mad:

Anyway, problem solved.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140940688872

upload_2023-9-19_11-59-4.png

Sorry it's a bit fuzzy BUT now Enduro style Indicators on FLEXIBLE mounts!!! Haha! Had to drill through the pannier mount and extend the wiring to fit but no more broken indicator stem every time I brush past the bike! :D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information