1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Don't own garage queen's either. They're working bikes. One for commuting one for fun. They get super grubby given all the crud on the road here. Heavy Rain is great, but generally we get light showers and the bike is total mess. The get cleaned every second week if there's time. They were bought to ride, not to spend my life keeping them clean. Just my way of doing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fitted headlight replacements for track use. Then took it off again as I have an engine management light. So guess I need to read the instructions as it comes with a plug blank for something….

3. ….and decided to drain the tank, using my syphon tool. Alas it wasn’t sucking up so I did…and a face and mouthful later I’m going to be tasting petrol for days. :rolleyes::weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Spent another 4 hours cleaning, and de-tarring the bike.

Will finish the bodywork and all the bits of polish that got into the nooks & crannies tomorrow after work.

IMG_7383.jpeg IMG_7382.jpeg IMG_7381.jpeg IMG_7384.jpeg

#5004 Multirider75, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Thanks Keith...I've got a set...just no idea how to even get the tickover right at the moment!....I'm used to fuel pumps and throttle bodies...everything carb based with me usually end up with fuel pissing everywhere!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. My head is still firmly in the carbs era, so if you're stuck I'm happy to pop round

• Like Like x 4
  7. Just noticed your're in Bristol as well, so i think ill take you up on that....in your own time of course....its been 3 years since i started so a bit longer wont matter in the slightest.!

And, thanks, guess the karma thing does come round (had a month or so of helping the odd person stuck on the side of the road!) and other various random deeds...!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Pop me a message when you're thinking of getting back to it & we can take it from there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Certainly sir - many thanks again.!

10. Oil and filter done on 3 bikes today hopefully do the others tomorrow.

11. Polished the bike. I’m finally finished cleaning it, after last weekend. I’m not riding it again until there’s a 0% chance of rain!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Next year then.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 3% chance on Saturday. Until I get up the road where it’ll lash it down!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Finished off the rest of the oil and filter changes and left the Panigale until last because I just knew it would be an all day nightmare and it was. All the other bikes took around 30-35 minutes each to do!
    to be fair I did remove the sump and check the internal oil screen which was more or less spotless but the oil drain was seized and I had to chisel it off, only changed the oil around 2000 miles ago and it was torqued to spec.
    Ducati’s really are bastards to work on with bolts made of cheese. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fitted some more carbon. The tank cover was a bit of a bitch to fit, but I got there in the end.

IMG_7385.jpeg IMG_7386.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dropped the Panigale off at MR before the heavens opened for a third day in a row. Got a provisional assembly date for my Pikes Peak of May 2024, 8 long months :( Still, at least the weather should have picked up by then :D Andy

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. What the hell are you like M75. You categorically do need to 'get a life'.....
    I can think of so many other far more worthwhile things to do with all of the time you have wasted on OCD cleaning of that machine.
    Come on man, shape up will you!!!!!:scream::scream::scream:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. God, forget what I just wrote, you ARE definitely getting worse, if indeed that was possible! :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Of course it’s possible.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. does removing an engine then striping it to find out why it's stuck in forth gear that went clang, bang, bump and grind just before it happened sound like a small job to you? nope, i don't think so either.
    sigh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information