1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Bought a NOS P7 ECU, so now looking for the correct EPROM (888 SP 92 037). Hoping that this will solve the (not) running issues that have have plagued me this year :mad: Fingers crossed, else it's going to be a slow, costly exercise trying to determine where the heck the problem is... :confounded:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Me and the eldest went out for a ride over to Quorn/Mountsorrel to a new branch of Completely Motorbikes, i got really tempted with a 2016 anniversary edition gsxr1000 :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fitted Evotech levers on the 959.

Also need to look at options for folding mirrors, as i have to remove them to get the bike in and out of its outhouse home :confused: Any suggestions welcome.

Why no fold-in mirrors, Ducati?

4. They fold in on the 899 so that’s odd that they don’t on the 959, sure you don’t have aftermarket mirrors fitted?

5. Don’t they have a place in Hinckley as well?

6. Yes, that one is my nearest one, about 4 miles from where I live

7. I’m from Hinckley originally, small world

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've lived in Barwell for over 20 years

• Like Like x 1
  9. Learnt that, although the bodywork is same 959 and 1299 the tank isn’t :rolleyes::(

10. Nope, they’re oem, and will need to be aftermarket to be fold-in :rolleyes:

11. Sorn three bikes yesteday late evening with two remaining for this month, the less they get the better in my opinion for such dreadful road conditions.!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Fixed the Aprilia, headlight has not been working the last few weeks. Thought it would just be a loose wire, earthing inside the bulb holder was the culprit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VED doesn’t fund road maintenance, that’s council tax.

14. nice bin :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I see that they the Sussex / Surrey council or whatever you reside at take the largest slice of the cake.

16. Don't matter. Until they spend it on the right stuff, 'The Less they get the better!'

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. If you don't work in life then you don't pay anything, i guess i'm doing something wrong in life.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. After a challenging few weeks with one thing and another I finally managed to get in the garage for a couple of hours yesterday to progress the exhaust installation.

After initial start up and for 30 seconds or so, the bike produced, what seemed like, back fires. I also saw a lot of smoke from the header pipes for the first couple of minutes, I must admit, even though the installation instructions warn you, when the smoke first starting pouring from the area around the exhaust outlet on all 4 cylinders, I was genuinely concerned that the new exhaust gaskets were faulty!! Thankfully, after a minute or so everything cleared and it started running sweet as. Have now put two heat cycles on it (as in run it up to temp so that the fans cut in then a full cool down x 2), it seems that it’s running sweet as with no issues.

The bikes now booked into GT Motorcycle’s down in Plymouth for the factory ECU flash on the 16th.

I took a short video of the bike running but I can’t suss out how to upload it from a camera roll!

1A1A938C-42D4-44A6-B738-F6D8291B2FD3.jpeg IMG_4230.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Upload the video to YouTube, then post the link

20. I also finally fixed the dicky headlight on my M1100 - disconnected the loom and cleaned the pins.
    Took it for a little scoot around the block - gawd I love that bike, just such a laugh to ride!

IMG_20231001_120349.jpg

#5080 RickyX, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information