(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. That's easy, sell the boy :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Or just not tell him, I only know this as my lad did a lot of digging about during his free periods at school when he was 16. As I’d told him it would be 8 years before he could ride my KTM 790……..

3. If they want to do track days with a restricted licence, do the ACU Race Licence, then they can ride any bike on track

• Like Like x 2
  4. It’s not. Look how messy the shelves are. I’m ashamed of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'll post a pic of my garage, was taken earlier this year, 6 bikes in there
    20230321_174747.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. i could keep it quiet. or even lie to him.
    but i am liking Roberts idea too. hmm. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. My eldest will be being sold (more like, given away) soon, he's got about 10 months before he can do his full A licence, and, I have far too many big bikes to hide from him :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Unfortunately the licence exam days are weekdays and as the subjects are pretty intense and his absences are logged and score against his Uni applications it hasn’t been possible.
    He’s currently racing in a little flat track race series in Lincoln over the Winter once a Month. It may well be he’ll buy a Honda CRF 450 and race both flat track and Supermoto as they have a more relaxed view of licences. But maybe next year if I can find a weekend class that he can attend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My son did his road race licence at Three Sisters on a Sunday, I remember this, as it was my birthday, and he dragged me out of bed at stupid o'clock in the morning, to take him up there

It consisted of a couple of hours in the classroom, with 24 (ish) questions at the end, followed by three short sessions on the track, between races

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I’d found the weekend ones but we’d booked/were unavailable for those days.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The weather this morning was pleasantly surprising so took the opportunity to drag the Monster and the Multistrada out for a good wash, after our mid ride aborted run yesterday. The Scrambler’s rear tyre still has pressure although the repair continues to leak. New tyre on order for tomorrow so delaying the shitty job of removing the rear wheel until then. Knackered now :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cleaned the Honda after the fun of Wales. Also found some play in the rear wheel bearings so they are on order.
    IMG_2674.jpeg IMG_2676.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Changed the rear wheel bearings on the Honda, only took me an hour including removing and refitting the wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just booked early bird tickets for the MotoGP at Silverstone next year. Prices are about the same as this year ……. expensive :joy: Stand logistics have changed again for the reserved stands, seats only reserved for Saturday and Sunday. Oddly, Friday is roaming but only in the limited access stands. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  15. I thought about my Monster. Then I said to the Mrs;

‘You know I’m not well when I haven’t even taken the cover off my motorbike’.

Shocking form but hopefully I’ll feel well enough for a ride soon.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Had a ride out while it was sunny and dry, booked Panigale in for mot Monday and did some small bits of bike maintenance.

17. popped out to the paint shop that is spraying the carbon fibre seat unit for my 900
    They've had it a while and hadn't made much progress so I was very surprised to be led into the paint booth and saw this... one coat of lacquer on, letting it dry, waiting for rub down.
    the black numbers were masked off while the numberboard was sprayed so the carbon fibre shows through (rather than being fake carbon fibre number stickers)
    It already looks better than I hoped - and they have a plan for the pin holes in the carbon fibre too..
    upload_2023-11-3_17-15-27.png

• Like Like x 6
  18. Errr... Aren't you 800 short on your numbers?

#5218 RickyX, Nov 3, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. I hope they do, those look awful!

20. If you know why, you know why :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information