(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. 1B4C3C94-E267-45CE-97C2-BFDDD041005F.png Installed mirrors on my GG supermoto. Then plugged in the OBD scanner so I can have a proper dash and not the toy clock that’s on the bike. Here is a picture of the new ‘dash’ on my iPhone

• Like Like x 4
  2. Went to check out the new GS. It actually looks a lot better in the flesh, but I’m not ready to return to the dark side just yet.

IMG_7557.jpeg IMG_7558.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Loaded the bikes for Almería. In the dark. And the pouring rain. Because someone forgot to arrange a forklift :mad::mad::mad:
    20231104_165650.jpg :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. You’re going to Almeria with the bike, and you expect sympathy because it rained. Not going to happen, my friend.

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Not today but fitted my Radiator and oil cooler guards.
    When putting the left hand fairing on, fitting the filler piece between the tank and fairing, I dropped the last screw, which of course fell in the fairing, which meant taking it all back off again :triumph:

IMG_7038.jpeg IMG_7037.jpeg

#5225 Vader, Nov 6, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. You need one of these @Vader

26D2CC9E-09ED-4273-894D-74883F003041.jpeg

It’s a length of very flexible rubber pipe with a magnet pushed into the end, has saved my blood pressure going through the roof on many occasion, even if you can’t see the screw you’ve dropped, just chuck it in there and trawl it through a few times, normally gets it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  7. I have a rigid one!:blush::blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. In this instance having a “ semi” is an advantage, you can bend it around corners and it feeds into cracks a lot easier, then just springs back into shape :astonished::joy: !

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Washed two bikes before it started to rain. Our little jaunt yesterday got them filthy. Rocked up to the cafe to see a group of bikes that arrived before us and couldn’t believe my eyes. Both our bikes were minging but the others were spotless ….. not a country mile travelled by any of them :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ordered a new power valve cable for Sons Aprilia, cheapest was direct from the importer.:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Screenshot_20231107-122315_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. And do you know what? It stayed dry......bike's filthy from the roads though :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Removed this useless item from the 959 today, and all the original fluid lines

Image (1).jpg

Replaced them (Almost done) with shiny braided ones

Image.jpg
    Clutch line replaced and wanted to fit the oberon cylinder but sadly had to do some work, so close to doing waht I set out too this week

• Like Like x 3
  14. And now it's all clean again :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fitted a quad lock phone holder with charger to the GG 30% off atm.

Son fitted his power valve new cable as that snapped at the weekend, found out the blade has snapped at the same time. Ordered a new blade £45 from Rotax, prices are crazy for this item range from £45-350.

16. 80 miles around the Cotswolds in the sunshine then back home to clean the bike just before it pissed down.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Booked and paid my deposit for a trip to Southern Ireland next April :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Good man.
    Have you an itinerary?

I’m over on Friday, flying and hiring a car.
    Sister-in-laws 50th.
    Plenty of Guinness and dancing on the cards.

19. Not got an itinerary yet but @West Cork Paul may be brewing one up for us pretty soon ;)

Enjoy your holiday too :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information