1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Took the Multistrada down to Moto Rapido to diagnose an issue with the BBS/ECU data loom which turned out to be corrosion on some of the plug pins. All sorted whilst I waited :D And whilst I waited, my 2024 MY Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak was delivered to the dealership :D:D:D. Going to be ready to pick up next week. Need to get my arse in gear and sell the Multistrada 1200 now :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 7D96D9A8-01E2-4AB0-984F-73DCBB54C51C.jpeg B432E06D-E6A9-4C9B-9871-6A8DC49F66FF.jpeg Removed carbs from our old trials bikes clean them out with a little carb cleaner. Started after a few kicks, been laid up for 3 years. Need to start emptying the garage of bikes that aren’t getting any use.

• Like Like x 5
  3. @DucatiScud, if you commented on my post #5281 and are expecting a reply, you have me blocked so I cannot see anything you post. If you didn’t or you aren’t expecting a reply, no problem :upyeah: Andy

4. Cleaned and prepped for winter… IMG_6059.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Had the Multistrada collected for its service to be done :)

6. Result! I’m looking forward to seeing the pictures.

7. 20231128_123436.jpg 20231128_124818.jpg
    Andy

• Like Like x 10
  8. 24th or 25th September, so about 9 weeks ago. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inserted my debit card into the machine and now own a V4 Pikes Peak :D Still needs a PDI road test and registering but should be coming home with me next week. The insurance underwriter has still to pick himself up from the floor after laughing so hard when I asked for cover :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Freezing my proverbials checking the Scrambler and Multistrada over in preparation for marshalling the annual Reading Toy Run tomorrow. Temperature dropped to -5°C overnight here and has now risen to the heady heights of -2.5°C. Bugger it’s cold. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  11. Little jaunt to PT to return these...
    upload_2023-12-2_19-35-49.png

12. :thinkingface: ^^ highly intriguing, a post full of mystery.. hmmm... :thinkingface::thinkingface::thinkingface:

I made up a new ignition lead for a very small Ducati yesterday, but hardly worth mentioning.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No photo’s of the ickle Ducati?

14. sore point - i won't be replying other than this until "something" is resolved. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sons Aprilia MX125
    Removed the power valve and fitted a blanking plate then fitted a new HT lead and cap as in downpours the bikes been misfiring and shooting flame out the silencer.

Fitted a new taillight as the previous one lost it lenses and you could barely make out the brake light, the replacement is way better.

Then noticed the Red reflector was MIA from the number plate so fitted some Diamond grade reflective tape to the number plate lower.

We’re going to repaint the plastics over the Christmas break just to tidy it up a little.

#5296 DucatiScud, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fitted MachineArt Moto X-Heads to my GS - very easy job if one doesn't have crash bars that need to be removed (and then refitted if desired).

• Like Like x 1
  17. The gear lever has never been in the right position for me on the new 765 , one of those jobs I kept meaning to do. Finally did it today and it's spot on now. I know it's not a Ducati , but it really is all the bike and more that you need for the road . Had a quick 45 min fix as the roads were dry .

PXL_20231210_111839394.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Today has turned into an absolute bloody disaster :weary_face: !

Like a few others on here, my 899 had developed the cracking on the front face of the speedo unit

E5730FFB-6A57-4BDC-8E97-4C0463D81884.jpeg

I’d bought the replacement case for it so I thought I’d get started on it today

6E05213E-FE66-4EEA-BE39-BB110DEFB237.jpeg

Got the case opened up and was trying to follow the steps on a replacement screen thread I’d found, but when I got into mine it looked nothing like those instructions, I was trying to ease the clips off the bottom ..
    E19863E2-51E7-4B9A-AF85-F13B5C4B79CA.jpeg

When everything turned to rat-shit :worried:

B9D8188D-C30D-4D09-9727-A02BCD7FDBD3.jpeg

The bloody tft screen cracked! and it cracked very, very easily, hardly touched the bloody thing!
    So, anyone got a spare screen to flog me?
    Did I read somewhere that you can’t just change them? They have to be dealer re-set to the bike or something??
    63867FB3-7074-430E-9438-F3FBB6248B86.jpeg

This is the part number I’m after, any help would be greatly appreciated :upyeah:
    I’ll post in the wanted section as well.
    TBH,…so far today is not the best birthday I’ve had :rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  19. Happy birthday Poucher….. (said quietly)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information