1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Looks the same as my dash, should just come apart, did you undo the 5 torx screws under the front sticker? Oh and happy birthday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Thanks @Zeus yes I had all the torx screws out but something was holding it in underneath the screen / white frame, just when I was fiddling about with that it cracked sooo easily :(

I’ve put a bid in on that one on eBay, but the advert says that it will work but only display dashes from the odometer until it’s coded by a dealer :thinkingface: ?
    As long as it gets me away that’ll be a start, thanks for your help :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Took the cover off it. Because the bike is all nice and clean and the weather so crap, rode it round the underground car park for a bit . doing some ziggy-zagging between the pillars :D

upload_2023-12-10_19-27-10.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Back in business with a mint condition second hand speedo…

2AF203BC-2D05-43DC-8C29-DA1E4330312D.jpeg

Just need to get it re synced by a dealer now,..next year :upyeah:

Just thought, ..not bad going that, bust on Sunday afternoon, a replacement screen sourced and delivered and the whole thing back together by Wednesday afternoon,.. I consider that I’ve been very lucky with this one ;)

#5305 Poucher, Dec 13, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 11

5. There's a lot to be said for an analogue speedo driven by a cable! :joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Aye, but those days are long gone unfortunately :rolleyes:
    Besides, it would look a bit daft on a Panigale

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Received the Monkey back from the service the other day, and noticed that where they test rode it afterwards, they couldn’t be arsed to clean it when it got dirty, so gave it a quick wipe down.

8. Just a quick 5hrs wipe down?

9. Tried / trying one of these out for the winter... courtesy of Mr B!
    IMG_6128.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. 30 seconds at the most!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drove up to Lancaster to pick up the re painted swing arm from Cerakote Up North and am very impressed! :cool:
    Dropped more parts off for Cerakoting while there, went home and fitted the new bearings and recently replated bolts.

82E350F7-3EFB-45EC-8CCD-2CD0206B5FD9.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Iconic’s sat nav mount fitted, Garmin Zumo XT2 wired in and working. The wiring isn’t as tidy as I’d like but my hands are too big for the space it all has to go in and it’s bloody cold in the garage :D Might get my first ride tomorrow depending on the overnight weather so also gave it a full tank of E5 super unleaded, which cost £1.36/litre from my local Costco. The local Shell petrol station is charging £1.54/litre for E10 unleaded, the robbing bastards :joy: Andy

14. Had planned to get the bike out but it’s really wet out, not rained just very damp. Took delivery of a new bike headlight, just need the bike that fits it now. :grinning:

15. “Or see if anyone local has a Texa or similar… That’d do the job too. @Topolino has one and was thinking about leasing it out to forum members.”

Sounds good :upyeah:…………:thinkingface:

What is a Texa?
    What does it do??
    How do you work it???…( the original Luddite speaking here !)
    How much are they???
    Who’s got one near me that can sort this speedo???? NE near Yarm , Cleveland
    Not a lot to ask is it…..;):joy: !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. This

https://www.texa.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. I looked at my biketrac app:upyeah:

18. Picked up my bike from @nelly today , top man for opening up Sunday for me. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information