1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Who with? @cookster and I were saying we need an early one

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Focused Events...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I got my head down over Christmas and new year and have almost finished fixing and rebuilding the new bike. Just waiting on a couple of parts for it now. I had planned to do a separate repair thread for it as I thought it might be interesting to see what goes into getting a crashed bike back on the road but then realised it’s not.

4. Pulled a cobweb off the Hyper before doing some minor ACF50 application. Bloody rain here seems to have been around since September - no wonder there are cobwebs!

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Started up bike and warmed it up for first time, screen repair is an improvement (that’s a reflection not damage on second picture).
    IMG_2737.jpeg IMG_2747.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Removed a load of stuff from the workshop, washed the floor, because youngest numpty spilled oil on it, then put my new tool chest in place :)

20240106_111716.jpg

20240106_115107.jpg

#5366 Robert Colliver, Jan 6, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Well done Robert!

8. Got a day booked in to the garage tomorrow.
    1. New chain for the 400/4
    2. New front pads for th 400/4
    3. Tappet adjustment for cylinders 1&2
    4. Get the hyper ready for mot.
    5. Smax needs a wash and clean inside and out.
    6. Weekly wash of the zed as its my every-dayer and gets caked in shit.

Should take most of the day to do that lot....looking forward to it...not had a full day out there for ages..

• Like Like x 3
  9. This a Cat N bike from moto mine?

10. Yeah finally found something that wasn’t ridiculously over priced and could be repaired fairly easily. I actually bid on it a while back and lost out to another bidder but then won the bid when it was relisted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fitted some new LED strip lights in the garage, fitted the first one (right in pic), but had to move some large boxes (see above post re: tool chest) from garage, to fit the second light unit

much brighter in the garage now :upyeah:
    20240106_125915.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. They look the same as the ones I fitted a while ago, they made a big difference in my workshop.

13. My brother bought them for me, as a Christmas present, they have 3 different lumens settings, easy to fit, the hardest part was removing the old fluorescent tube type units

14. Bought a Ducati umbrella.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Handlebar mount...? Asking for a friend...

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Put a a Seeley kit hanger to make room in the wardrobe.
    IMG_3334.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Do you have to have it enabled by a dealer?:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Ordered a private plate for the upcoming arrival, because I’m a tart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. What bike have you bought, I must have missed it.

20. Donated my Halfords jump starter pack to a good cause (my girlfriend) so researched a replacement for my touring “essentials pack”. Used my Halfords Trade card and bought a NOCO GBX45 Boost X, https://no.co/gbx45. Not waded through the instructions yet but it appears to be able to impart a charge into the battery as well as jump start it (unless I have completely misunderstood the little bit I have read :joy:) which should be good for a Lithium chemistry battery which you are advised not to jump start. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information