1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. If you put down a fungicidal wash it will prevent it reoccurring for about 6 months

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. All 12 reunited and looking rather smart! :cool:
    94182B87-4972-4795-9542-0577ABCDDF54.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Got the replacement parts for my sons aprilia, ended up fitting them, and getting it put back together for him

Removed his bike from the workshop, and put the 996 back in there

4. maybe buy a cover for the 996. it will save you pushing it in and out, in out, in out in and out.
    go on, ask me how i know. :mad: SX50's with bigbore kits ridden by dumb (my) teenagers suck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. My 996 is in the workshop, in bits at the minute, needed the table for the SX50, hence the bike shuffle
    20240128_120232.jpg

#5565 Robert Colliver, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  6. What was the issue with the SX?

7. Kept both my Sons Aprilias with standard bore both the 50’s and 125’s are best left as is.

Derestrict them by all means but putting larger barrels and pistons just leads to reliability issues.

Possibly the worst modification is to remove the 2 stroke oil pump and go pre mix.

So far so good with the 125 it has so far only required the wiring tidying up and connecting correctly.

8. Sitting on hold for ages with my bike insurance people... Glad I'm not upside-down in a ditch!

9. don't get me started on bike insurance companies...........crazy pricing and demands from multiple brokers - all the same underwriters! want to talk to a human..........nigh on impossible :astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seat unit back on 1299 ready to get off the ramp for photos and advert

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m sat waiting in a DVLA telephone queue, waiting to hear their excuse for not renewing my driving licence in the stated 3 weeks. According to the first advisor I communicated with on a chat line, Medical are sat on my form. I had the temerity to want to keep my C1 and D1 categories when I turned 70. Andy

12. I have this to come soon when I renew mine. They took them off me as it was suspended for medical reasons but, apparently, when I reapply it will appear again as I don’t have medical restrictions… :confused::poop:

13. After my conversation with a real person, it would appear to be simply not enough staff to assess the number of forms arriving on a daily basis. Mine has yet to reach the top of the pile. Andy

14. Mine took over 3 months and only then because I had my MP intervene. Good luck.

15. Sadly, reducing staff has been a major target for DVLA, HMRC and so on. It's a shambles, and crappy so-called 'AI' bots only serve to escalate the frustration levels. Useless bloody government policies....

16. I initially used their AI bot which referred me to a real person who gave me the direct telephone number for the Medical Department. My contact there confirmed my form was in the pile and gave me the reference number I would need for any further contact. Took about 30 minutes in total but at least I now know they got my application and where the bottleneck is and I have something to give to the police if I’m stopped for driving on an expired licence :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  17. on the whole, it wasn't the worst. i think the very poor/bordering on criminal buying experience just soured everything from that moment forward. just lots of stupid wee faults. with limited free time including tidying the wiring. it came with the bigbore kit and covered a further 6k miles in the 10months he used it before the oil pump failed. possibly because it revs so much higher. as you probably know the dash records top speed. i reset it a few times but still seen 66mph recorded more than once. uh-huh. rebuilt and looking not to shabby and now on premix.
    i just need to put it on the market next month along with the lexmoto. and kiss goodbye to all those woes.
    hmm.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. My youngest had his CBT on 4th Feb, planned on him using his Aprilia for that, my wife took him to the centre, and my eldest son took the bike, half way there, it broke down, and wouldn't restart

Eventually got it going again, git to the training school, but, there now appeared to be a slight fuel leak, so, it was decided that he would use the rev and go, previously pictured

We got the aprilia back home, and took it apart, found that the clutch cable sleeve was not seated correctly on the metal tube on the carburettor, thus, holding the choke on about half way

Also found that the carb top cover was broken, where the throttle cable goes through it, the plastic nut (circled) had broken off the rest of the top cover, new top cover ordered for just over £5, fitted, was a pig to start at first, now it starts straight away every time

Need to take it for a run, but, can't get it down the side of the house, as some eejit has put scaffolding up, so we can have solr panels fitted, and it is blocking the path :laughing: 20240204_114512.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Take it through the house.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I sold his SX50 for the same money I paid for it £1150 and just spent on the usual wear and tear items.
    C&S and brake pads, for around 5K.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information