1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I’ve bought a second car, which lives in the garage, so trying to fit that and 4 bikes (and all the associated paraphernalia) in the garage would be too much of a squeeze. Plus, if I’m being honest, finding the time to ride one bike, let alone four, is a bit of a challenge at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. After removing the 996 from the workshop yesterday, replaced it with my '58 Royal Enfield 350, to start the restoration process
    4213-0-medium.jpg 20240224_125207.jpg 20240224_125400.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Well I must say, that’s very selfish, I’m sure one of us could have put some miles on it for you? ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. (To be read in a Big Brother Geordie accent)
    Weekend 3 in the tuono 12000 mile service garage and things are getting tense. Tempers are fraying and new swear words discovered. Did the f%cling designers never talk to the engineers? I hope their pasta is forever soggy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Yesterday’s job was to sand off the paint some Italian had thought fit to apply (using a jet wash spray) :D to an ATM 996R front mudguard. About 6 hours of my life down the swany!
    Came out good though…
    4DF717E9-F713-4D67-BF84-7ADDC2978C17.png 3D286663-6EB9-4892-9D82-3F0716FF4509.png 09EDBADC-2EA9-4012-AD2B-642AB4705B3D.jpeg 9ACA55DE-4199-4BA9-B135-F77B130E4D8D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. And today’s job, by far easier and more rewarding. New clutch casing and the proper 996R clutch basket about to go on.
    75E243C8-84DA-4F19-AB50-8FDF778879D6.jpeg FECA39C5-61F5-481B-9516-715EC4E7ABDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Done a few bits on my Multistrada, cleaned back and painted the ends of the radiator where the paint was flaking a bit. Then replaced the chimney nuts and bolts on the front mudguard extender. I have changed to a different type of bolt as the original set up was a PITA, ideally I will get a couple of ally tophats turned up but don’t have access to a lathe in my present job so will have to ask a mate to knock them out. Then stripped out the rear footrests as the paint has failed allowed corrosion underneath. Cleaned a few other bits up while I was there. And considering whether I should get the centre stand powder coated as it’s a bit rough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A job I’ve been meaning to do for about 4 years :joy: I removed the heat wrap from the exhaust of my Honda and made a proper heat shield, welded some nuts on and repainted it. I only ever wrapped it as a temporary measure but you know how these things go. Got to it in time as it was rusting under it but still solid.
    It’s a brushed finish at the moment but I may paint it black to match the other one.
    IMG_2796.jpeg

#5629 Zeus, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  9. First ride today on my 1975 custom Triumph. Very scary - new 70s brakes, right-hand gearchange, heavy traffic, dragging clutch, bastard neutral, etc! However, everything worked perfectly, engine seems peachy, nothing fell off, I can't find any oil leaks and I survived :astonished:
    Rode over to the peeps who did the paintwork but they weren't in...

PXL_20240226_153154798.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  10. Nice job mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Pirelli Diablo Rosso 4’s removed and a pair of the very latest Metzeler Roadtec 02’s fitted. Just debating if 4.5°C is warm enough to get some scrubbing in done :thinkingface: Andy

• Like Like x 2
  12. Replaced a grazed plastic trim with new, fitted a Matris steering damper which is rather lovely (shame you can’t see it when fitted), new gear selector rubber fitted and replaced a couple of scratched buttons that were annoying me. The scratches on the body only show up on camera for some reason.
    IMG_2802.jpeg IMG_2804.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does bidding on a bike on the bay of fleas count?

If so, I've bid on a bike that I wanted when I was 17

• Like Like x 1
  14. Your as bad as me! :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Probably :joy:

Thing is, at the next Mathewsons auction, there is another bike that I will be bidding on too :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Quarterbacked an ambulance all the way home from town.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ride it over to Ducati Coventry for its first service.
    Pissed down and 3 degrees. Hasps the service then in the way home a little sun and 5 degrees, then hail! Hail hurts on a bike.
    Where is the Global warming I was promised 30 odd years ago?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Didn't get it, that damned thing called work got in the way of the end of the auction :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I try to stay out of the way of work as much as possible, Was it a 2 stroke?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information