1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Made more room in the garage by selling the monster.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Track fairings off. Headlight back in. Moved the controls so they are more economic. Sorted all my abba bits out to one box. General knock about in the garage this evening.

• Like Like x 2
  3. In a similar vein, shuffled stuff around in the cellar and found space for another bike....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The 999R is so tempting....would fit nicely in the 888SP4, 996SPS , 1098R series....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. This. Even if I make it thicker with more solution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I gave them a good looking at.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bit more garage messing, with ABBA bobbins arrived so tried it out. Works great cheers @MarketSquareHero :upyeah:
    6337EBB6-3BEA-4A6C-A5BC-794F6AB8E197.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ordered one of these, https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/accessories/ACC012088, for the 937 Monster, a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. A physical copy of the assembly instructions were NOT included and the QR code directs you to a download that is indecipherable :mad: Fortunately, prior to retirement, I was an engineer so should be able to figure it out. After all is said and done, it shouldn't be rocket science :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bought a new iPhone last week, the replacement SP Connect case has an all new mounting system, so as they don't do the old one for the new phones, I had to give in and order 3 new mounts for my 3 bikes. Bloody bastards. All fitted today, so I'll try not to think about being stitched up any more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Leave it in your pocket mate, much less hassle ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Had a swap around in the workshop so I could get the Nsr out and checked ready for mot tomorrow, started the Mt09 and Panigale up aswell.

12. Bought a Rotax 122 (125cc) engine for my Son to have a pop at rebuilding, might sell on or keep as a back up for his 125 should it decide to eat itself………o_O

• Like Like x 3
  13. Yeah but how do I text and email while riding, with it in my pocket?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Apply yourself to a crossword or a simple portrait/ landscape watercolour instead
    Things have become a lot easier now especially with the 20mph restrictions over the border in wonderful Wales.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. And it wasn't rocket science :D Andy
    20240307_141319.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Finally picked my 899 up from its *minor service, ahem.
    1 new front tyre
    1 new battery
    some engine oil

£715

Have to say it was worth it though I forgot what a little bundle of fun it is.
    Cold, but sunny and fun, hoping for a dry weekend now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Bike passed Mot.

• Like Like x 2
  18. i have the slightly earlier predecessor to that engine, which i think shares a few parts - if you ever get down this way you would be welcome to all of it, includes a 160cc barrel and piston also. You can recognise this engine by the RAVE on one side of crankcase, it had a crude exhaust valve with an air diaphragm that rarely worked properly.

EDIT - engine is 127 designation.

#5699 Chris, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  19. If you’re looking be be rid of the 123 engine I’m down in (creepy )Crawley 17 March PM me with a value?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information