1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. From what I recall, there was never anything happy about the Happy Mondays :joy:

2. Washed mine and my wife's motorcycle covers. Drew up some plans for a modified exhaust bracket and taxed my bike (now that it has an MOT).

3. You weren’t taking the right pills.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Had a trip over to Ducati Coventry, they were open this time, to collect some bits for my 996

5. Went there once, as a change from Ducati Wolverhampton, for bolt , for the gear linkage on my 999, came out having agreed to buy another customers 1198S, expensive bolt....

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. They had a tidy looking used pani V4R in yesterday, also a very tidy '90s supersport in yellow

But, I still like the look of the Bayliss rep 20240405_114357.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not going to ask how much that is....

8. Which one?

Bayliss rep, I was told £19k

9. Yep, not so bad...

10. The Bayliss is brand new, not used, not too bad, when you consider the used prices for the same bike

• Like Like x 1
  11. Same price as 4 days with Ducati with a concubine

• Like Like x 1
  12. Received 3 Ducati oil filters from Chris Walker m/c in the post.
    Now that P&H Crawley are no longer Ducati dealers I have to either travel to ProTwins ( not a chance) or order online.

13. Just curious....

What's the deal with pro twins?

Not likely to use them personally, wrong area for me

14. Rode my Panigale for the first time since August (well, this one at least :rolleyes:). Thirty five brisk miles.
    My god Ducati’s are theatrical aren’t they? Love it.
    IMG_1421.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. And a first flush of coolant (well, rusty water at best) on the 748 project. I’m nearly ready to try to start it for the first time since 2011.
    IMG_1422.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Need to do same on my 996, what steps are you taking prior to trying to start?

17. love the V2, gonna get one at some point,

in my opinion they should do one with all the onlins bits, some marchesini wheels (gold?) Terrmi underling (or wheel barrow) exhaust but just in plain red (or white), no bayliss livery

• Like Like x 1
  18. In brief so far:-
    Freed off brakes. New battery. Oil filter and oil screen. New oil. Squirt of oil down barrels. Turned over on crank. New belts. New brake and clutch fluid. Sort chain. Coolant flush. Waiting on spark plugs and air filters. Lots of other tinkering - I don’t know the bike as I bought it unseen as a non runner.

EDIT. How could I forget! New fuel pump, filter, in tank hoses. All goosed.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thanks was interested in the oil in barrels but, mine ran but hasn't been started in ages

20. Will check fuel pump hoses

Do Not Sell My Personal Information