1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. That’s what my credit card just said

2. I thought it had but both the locating pins are still there and the rings are in the correct position so I think it just caught the port. Annoying as this is the cylinder I had repaired last year because the same happened.

3. Right port radius? I'm doing a YPVS engine at the moment which has just had a rebore with no radius. Yours will be coated so would thought it would have been fettled before coating

4. Just to cheer you up..
    20220519_204129.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. That’s exactly what I’m thinking but I did carefully check everything last time I got it back from repair and it all seemed spot on. Ideally I’d like a new cylinder but they are impossible to find and ridiculous money when they do come up.

6. Oops, I appear to have bought another bike :astonished::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. glad I’m not the only one! What dyo get?

8. How many’s that now? What you bought?

9. A 2019 Kawasaki Versys 650 GT, for £3k

• Like Like x 3
  10. In total, Myself, 7, my eldest son, 4, my youngest son, 2

Thankfully, my eldest son has moved his away from my house :joy:

The bike is mentioned in a post above ^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  11. That makes me feel better about my collection :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. How many?

13. Same as you 7 :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Latest acquisition, you may recognise the photo style ;) Screenshot_20240506_204850_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Oops

16. I had a feeling it would be one of theirs

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’s a lot of bike for 3k :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. On Sunday I removed the troublesome twist grip and replaced it with a new one on the Multi. On Monday I managed to click in the connectors without removing the tank. A bit fiddly but doable. After a little top up charge it fired up first time. I gave it a good rev to check it out and then I went out for a blast in memory of my mate. Didn’t really check the heated grips because of the battery.

The battery’s had it so that’s the next job. Got to get it done before I wind up high and dry with it.

The lower narrower Monster bars make me lean slightly forward which I find preferable. I loosened off the handlebar clamp and rolled them forward a touch, great result. The whole bike seemed to handle better with a little bit more weight on the front.

Now with the lower bars, seat in the higher position, forks dropped through the yokes, suspension adjusted to my weight, steering damper fitted and Metzeler M9’s the bike tracks round a bend perfectly. Instead of swaying like my Monster does. Result!

It’s taken a while to do all the adjustments and that’s what’s putting me off buying a new bike. I’d have to start again and this one’s going really well now, I’m enjoying it. Just need to make more time to ride this year.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information