(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I think it’s gone up to £155 now

2. I filled the van with fuel before I left yesterday morning, will top it up again today, and let you know how much it cost me for the return trip :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Criss crossed the North York Moors and finally finished running in the streetfighter.
    20240512_111158.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dorian went late August, Pam a few months later. Pam says she’s struggling with the commute.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Always loved that expression... and such a fabulous place to be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gave the Darmah a once over:-
    Dropped his oil & replaced the filter - need to remove the rear cylinder down pipe to access the sump filter mind : unamused:
    Sparkies looked fine with both having a nice biscuit coloured centre and black at the edges.
    Shall I tempt fate and look at the valve clearances... :thinkingface:

And only once knelt on one of those teensy weensy little stones that hurt like hell..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Started taking broken bits off the new toy, and made a list of parts that will be required to fix it, not a long list at all :)

20240511_101537.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  8. Got the Diavel loaded in to the van and the 996R engine. The engine is getting refreshed and the Diavel remapped by Toine Biggelaar in Holland. Then down into Germany for a bit of work and a lot of playing out time. :)

IMG_9758.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  9. New brake pads on the 750ss, then once the new fork seals arrive I can get it all back together and back for it’s MoT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Got a call from Langcourt today and my Nsr cylinder is beyond repair so that’s the bike done, cylinders never come up for sale and aren’t available anymore from Honda. Shame really

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. That is a shame are they Nikasil, Always have a soft spot for 2 strokes.

#6171 Roadtrip, May 13, 2024
    Last edited: May 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Have you tried https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/ ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes Nikasil, but it’s been repaired before and they said the port bridge is too badly damaged now. I love it when it was running but parts are almost impossible to source now.

14. Yes I tried him but they are no longer available new and he doesn’t have any stock. The joys of a 33year old rare grey import.

15. Gave the bike a quick wash, degreased the chain ready to lube tomorrow, fitted the rear luggage rack for my bag, in preparation for the trip on Thursday. I’ve probably jinxed the weather now, as I wasn’t going to bother, but I couldn’t bring myself to go away on a dirty bike!

• Like Like x 1
  16. thought about cleaning Monster :zzz: how much would you charge me Rich? @Multirider75 - i know, i couldn't afford you...

we need a bike cleaning school on here, but with video. :upyeah:

..talk about watching paint dry..:sleeping:: unamused::splat::splat::splat:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chatted shit for an hour with the guy who bought my 998R wheels when he came to collect them. Like a couple of old fishwives. :D
    Swapped numbers and we may hit the mean streets or even track together sometime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. For hard to source Japanese parts I go straight to the source, Yahoo Japan.
    Keep an eye out and something suitable will probably pop up, buyee.co.jp is a good site to navigate it from, you can buy through the site for some items but I tend to use a freight fowarder like jessestreeter.com.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/u1135214221

I have bought wheels, diffs, engine parts and all sorts this way.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hopefully agreed to buy another bike next week. Back on what I love best and spent so many miles on….

• Like Like x 4
  20. Continued to sand and add filler to my old Pani V2 tank. No rush to finish this job.

IMG_0156.jpeg B3FEC619-950D-498A-99D2-F454F86B9D6A.jpeg IMG_1264.jpeg IMG_1699.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
Do Not Sell My Personal Information