(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. First service completed on the streetfighter and heated grips fitted :cool::cool::cool:
    Amusingly the car fuel consumption towing an enclosed trailer and the bike is better than the bike can do on a run :thinkingface::thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dropped the engine out of an ST3 with valve piston interface issues.

3. Put two tanks of fuel in, rode all day in the rain. The V4 Multi drinks €10 more of fuel per tank than my mates Yamaha Tracer, it’s a thirsty bike. But I don’t care!

• Like Like x 1
  4. This arrived this morning, very quick from Japan. £90 import duty/tax was a stinger though.
    IMG_2228.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  5. Worth it for the Japan Post cat graphics :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Day off the bikes today, but spent a fair deal of it talking about them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Got my lad to pick up the new parts for the Versys, did a bit of rebuilding, the indicators were a real PITA to fit on the panels
    20240523_181403.jpg 20240523_181645.jpg 20240523_195812.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. The 750ss passed its MoT today. The first one in over 20 years after being used as an ornament. I had it pretty much ready after three months (in November) but a combination of work, family and the awful weather has delayed it a few months.

• Like Like x 5
  9. 20240524_121528.jpg
    Rode my bike. Tried full throttle on 4th for the first time. Ran out out of balls at 12k, 3k to go.
    The force is strong with this one.

• Like Like x 4
  10. After faffing about for months I bought a Ride recommended rechargeable tyre inflator. There’s a a 10% discount at Halfords over the bank holiday weekend. I just checked and adjusted the Multistrada tyres, blew up the front tyre from flat on the RD250 and topped up my gravel bike tyres.

I’m amazed at how good this is, although I doubt it will touch the Range Rovers massive boots ! 408AAB08-A1AA-4F15-BE47-1C609E8576E5.jpeg IMG_4188.jpeg IMG_4187.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Snapped a head bolt trying to swap it for one the correct length so spent far too long getting that out and its still not all out but it’s drilled and soaking in acetone/paraffin mix till tomorrow.

12. NSR?

13. Of course it’s the only bastard I own :tired_face:. It’s originally a front cylinder and so the studs are different from the rear cylinder which is where it’s going.

14. A good bit of kit as they say
    I recently used mine for the car the bike the work van and the camper van
    It’s very capable

• Like Like x 1
  15. Its fighting you all the way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Fired up the Darmah for the first time this season and balanced his carbs.

Took him out for a shake down blast and he's running smooth & strong. I'm always surprised what a enjoyable, involving & rapid point to point machine it is.

• Like Like x 4
  17. I thought all Ducatis were female?? It's not one of these new fangled things that chooses it's own pronouns is it??? ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not sure about the newer ones but there was usual a "bas%ard" involved when talking about the older bikes

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. He-he-he, a Ducati that identifies as male. Who's ever heard of anything so preposterous....

Tbh I've always thought of him as a him & even recently thought of him as the previously alluded to b'stard...

Perhaps that what makes 'em so enjoyably involving... 'character' don't cha know :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information