(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Lovely . Bit strange to have Pirelli Angels on that sort of bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What tyres would you suggest ?

Experience of Pirelli Angels makes me think they'll be adequate for intended use , but only time will tell :thinkingface:

3. You’ll need to think about how /when you want to ride it, ie dry only , pushing on, some wet? , touring? Tyres are aimed at lots of different uses. I find Dunlops sporty tyres great on my Mutley V4s as they sharpen the steering and improve feel imo, though the TTs aren’t long for this world on the rear, currently on Mutants which give great feel/grip & have wet weather capabilities. They have been known to be disliked by some for the sharper steering response & wooden feel, the latter is I suspect due to running them at too high pressures as they are better in the softer range(stiff carcasses) .

• Like Like x 3
  4. If you only anticipate riding on tarmac, IMO, Pirelli Angels are fine. Tyres are a very personal choice, you only need to read the numerous threads about rubber to see that. Has to suit your needs, just takes a bit of time and digging around for information about what the various compound and profiles actually mean to your riding …….. if you are interested in that sort of thing :joy: Andy

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ha ha ... life's too short for that sort of thing :joy:

Don't worry folks, I have 40+ years of road riding experience and know what will, or won't work for me as regards tyres.

Of course there are occasions when a new to you bike doesn't work with a certain set of tyres , but life is one big learning curve, right ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Took the Darmah out for a rather jolly ride & I'm loathed to say it's running like a bomb at the moment because that sort of silly thought is usually a precursor to it quite literally acting like a bomb.... :worried:

I was also reminded of the joy of fumbling for the front cylinder (rhs) fuel tap to put it onto reserve whilst travelling in fast moving traffic : unamused:

Btw it is running like a bomb at the moment :D Ha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Top end rebuild on my Sons Aprilia after taking the cylinder to PJME to have them check out the liner.
    One ring is way out of tolerance, whoever rebuilt the engine didn’t torque the cylinder down correctly, barely tight because they were using the incorrect nuts.:mad:

• WTF WTF x 1
  8. Booked the Versys in for service and MoT for the week after next, will be dropping it off next Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  9. Washed the Versys, de-gunked the rear wheel, lubricated the pannier fitting points so that they fit easier

Once it has been serviced and a fresh MoT, this will be up for sale

20240707_124256.jpg 20240707_125648.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. An hour out this morning and a slurp of BP's finest. A few spots on the visor nearing home meant the pace was upped to arrive back home dry .

PXL_20240706_122519874.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. Fitted a ktech shock to my r1 trackbike 20240707_140300.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMG_2318.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Worked on the rough running Aprilia, new rings fitted now won’t hold compression as it once did.:mad:

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. Swapped out the wheels on the Multistrada today. After the visit to France for the European Multistrada Meeting the M9’s were totally shot , so I put the standard wheels back on which had a decent set of M7’s on them.

I thought I’d weigh the wheels and tyres while I was at it. The Marchesini rims complete with tyres and discs on the front, turned out to be and 0.5kg lighter and 2.5kg lighter on the rear.

It’ll be interesting to feel the difference between the two sets and reverting from Serie Oro discs to the standard discs and pads.

It’ll give me plenty of time to decide what tyres to put on the Marchesini rims, at present Dunlops are the favourite as I’m so pleased with them on the Monster.

15. Secured a bike lift for a good price, anybody heard of Viking UK Ltd?
    2f00a0c7-b2fa-441f-9a77-3ad7d7250a91.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Unusual looking but looks solid. Looks long but that could be camera distortion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Should be picking it up later this week so I’ll measure when it’s with me( abit of distortion I think), uses a Clarke strong arm to lift, and is raised off the ground when not jacked up. 8ccad191-1417-4766-b535-18ca961149b3.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Changed the plugs on a multistrada :mad::mad::mad:
    20240711_132204.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. image.jpg Rode nearly 100 miles to collect this. Can you tell the suns out today? :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Cadwell Pk, MSV open pit lane, raining and decided to swap wheels & then decided not to

IMG-20240709-WA0000.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information