1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Looks like they forgot to cook the black pudding

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. They didn't forget to, they were asked not to.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good grief.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fitted a set of HEL V1 calipers to the zed so i can get the Brembo's recoated.... yeah Brembo...your shitty Nickel plating on your thousand fucking quid calipers....

• Like Like x 1
  5. New seat with grippy cover sorted thanks to @RickyX

IMG_2518.jpeg IMG_2519.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. A pair of Metzeler Sportec M7RR’s fitted in preparation for Spain, collected grab rails for the 937 Monster so we can strap a Kreiga 20 down, also in preparation for Spain, also collected a new Pikes Peak screen for the spares shelf and a couple of (branded) T shirts. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  7. Finally put the last bit of plastic on the pani fairing. Checked all tyre pressures on cars and bikes. Tried to see if an easy way to fix the pani rhs clip on as it slightly fouls fairing on full lock but I’d need to knock the pins off or lower and don’t fancy doing either. All lights work so ready for MOT

• Like Like x 1
  8. I ended up back in the garage for a couple of hours. Been looking at clip ins since I bought the monster but the headlight bracket makes it tough to use one of the sets I have. So, thinking old school, I’ve taken the bars off, switched them over and turned them into drop bars. Pins all relocated and levers put back on (but not all lines up yet before the sarcy police turn up..). Also added some old adjustable foot pegs I’ve had years to see how I’d get in with higher pegs before I buy some.

Lubed both chains and adjusted the monster one as a bit loose.

Most I’ve done in the garden in months, maybe a year.

what it was like…then after pictures
    IMG_0865.jpeg IMG_0892.jpeg IMG_0889.jpeg

#6628 bradders, Aug 6, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Took the 996 apart to swap the expansion tank, as I believe that is/was the cause of the coolant loss

All was going well, until I snapped 1 of the air pressure sensor mounting screws, managed to get one out, by melting the plastic of the old tank, then getting pliers and a socket on it, snapped one, gave up on the third

Time to think of possible plan B
    20240808_200916.jpg

10. Plan b which could be:-
    Find a scrap yard and see if they have a Fiat of the following models aged between 1987 and 1999
    Panda
    Tipo
    Cinquecento
    Croma
    Tempra
    There are some citroen's and Alpha romeos that also use the same sensor
    You may be able to remove the mounting posts from those
    Also if you need a new sensor you can buy a new one from many online car parts stores and it's cheaper than a second hand Ducati one from the bay of fleas

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do the posts come either the sensor?

I have seen some pics where the posts have been replaced with a regular bolt, would that be an option?

12. The posts don't come with new sensors nor do the little rubber inserts

13. Last night and this morning, finished putting the 996 back together, replaced the broken air intake tube, had it running for a good 20 minutes, with just steam from the evaporating spilt coolant, with mo issues, then, at about 25 minutes in, it wee'd itself again :mad:

https://youtube.com/shorts/ct3KQhGzsvQ?si=jUB0X0C3dbkBWM7L

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Spent a happy hour in the garage this afternoon fitting a new plastic tail to my 750ie Monster. The old one had a broken indicator mount which had already been glued unsuccessfully but Ducati Glasgow were able to get a brand new one for me. I had to rectify a few bodges which had been done in the past but it all went back together eventually. Sadly the number plate light now isn’t working but that’s an easy fix. Quality time!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Technically no today,
    But I'm still trying to work out what has happened and get over it and rebuild,
    Literally.

IMG-20240806-WA0005.jpg

20240806_165549.jpg

20240806_165345.jpg

20240806_163858.jpg

IMG-20240806-WA0006.jpg

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That sounds like a satisfying job bonding with the bike.

17. Ouch! New cases moving forward I'd say. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Turned the streetfighter wheelie control down and went for some fun. When the visor is down you are 20 again :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information