1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Hi Brad,
    If you value your bike, do yourself a favor and use only OEM oil filters.
    Don't take my word for it, check out what the guys at BT Moto says about them.
    BTW, BT Moto is the goto ecu tuning shop in the US.
    Don't go off the recommended oil and oil filter. Like you don't want to have a K&N filter for example, like oil filter as those are absolute trash. In fact some tracks won't even let you on the track with the K&N filter. I'd only recommend a factory oil filter and factory crush washer every single time you change your oil.
    Look-up the quote at the 10:37 ish mark here:
    If you can look past the BMW stuff, I would view the whole video as there's a lot of useful information thereafter.

#6681 DarR, Aug 19, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  2. Had Moto Rapido give my V4 Pikes Peak the once over before we head out on tour. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fitted the pannier rack in readiness for my trip to Portugal next month

4. Ordered a set of Dunlop Mutants for my GasGas, the Pirelli wore at at 2300 mile got home on the threads.

• Like Like x 1
  5. this thread reminded me to look for a "new" UglyStrada top fairing as noticed mine fractured/inserts missing just before i went to use it yesterday. I might sort out some csk fixings and just go right thru/non std and have done with it.

6. Gaffa tape it. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. looks like i might have to, or at least fix the one i've got, as this panel is almost as rare as the left hand battery cover fairing that constantly gets blown away.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ok, street fighter it or turn it a cafe racer/flat tracker/bobber abomination. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. The panels are notoriously flimsy fittings on the old ones and prone to flying off when on a Hants ride out! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tank off ready for new belts & plugs :upyeah:

Shame I can’t find aftermarket tank for it as it’s quite a pain getting the clip on now

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Ooooh, a build thread, what fun :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I was thinking along those lines around four years ago, and even got the tank options ready! but I don't think it will happen now.

13. Can’t find anything. Even if I spent 2 grand on an Ali beater one from Japan who knows when it will come and what it will be like.

Times like this I wish I could weld and do metal work, just to take a steel regular monster tank and adapt so that the airbox gets the space it needs which is what I think makes these bikes unique

14. are you talking Monster or early Multi Paul? Multi has been done to death and simple conversion is fairly easy, but you are right, nearly all options have to resort to aftermarket cone-type air filters if std tank used.

would have been something like this probably.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Monster mate. I’d rather keep original look even tho I’m making it more cafe racer. I need to find someone who can take a tank and cut/shape/weld it! Ironically I know from my DD days that the plastic tank is as heavier, maybe heavier, than the steel one too!

• Like Like x 1
  16. That’s a good point actually, I hadn’t thought of changing to cones. Can’t remember if it’s just air box or injectors/ecu that fouls. Don’t even mind losing some of the already meagre fuel capacity

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ran the 1299 up the road and back, took video and photos, wrote the evilbay ad….

Alos dug out some more stuff to sell. Wheel tree custom made for 916 era bikes but useable with all wheels amongst other stuff. Hate eBay but need to get some space back!

If buyer doesn’t want the S wheels I’ll have a set of those to sell too

18. Booked a test ride on a Scrambler, I currently have a 950S SuperSport but fancy a change.
    950SS is a lovely bike, however the fairing keeps the heat in & is also not a good basis for clear vision in the mirrors, yes I knew all of this before I bought it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. And listed. Time to move on. Someone will get a bargain

20. Front brake was a little notchy & grabby on the Darmah - removed the lever, cleaned the old grease off the piston, re-lubed with red rubber grease (which I should have used in the first place) & replaced the lever.

Lovely progressive action returns.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information