1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Thinking this may be the way forward for Europe trips

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Yup, throw all the shit in the back, motorway to the good roads (with wipers on if necessary) then unload and hoon around. And cheaper inc van hire etc when account for 3 bikes, tyres, gas, crossing etc :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Re assembled my hpks now they've been cerakoated... 20241006_161348.jpg 20241006_161339.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tried and failed to get a headstock bearing back on the sxv yokes...ordered a bearing press.

5. Cleaned the MT09 , re-glued the right hand grip and changed the barend mirror for a different style.

6. Have you fitted that new shock yet?

7. Not yet... As I'd not ridden it for a while, I wanted a to get a better comparison so decided to ride it one more time on the standard shock.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just bought a carb for my Sons Aprilia 125 £179.:worried:

9. Was yesterday but gave the Cagiva the first wash it’s probably had in years…..
    Will pick up a battery next weekend and try and troubleshoot the starting issue. IMG_8276.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_2999.jpeg CAC242F7-1C2B-4BA4-974E-DFEA2EAED2B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Finally fitted the Nitron shock :grinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Bike swap around time. Nsr and Mt09 are now cleaned, coated in Gt85 and in hibernation. Honda scrambler and 899 cleaned, Gt85 applied and ready for use. 899 will go to bed as well at the end of this month but I hope to get a bit more riding in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Bike insurance renewal came through from Carole Nash.
    Last year £552
    This year £2,272 . No claims etc WTF!.
    spoke to them on the phone and it's through Aviva and it's the best price they can do apparently. Told them not to renew and am now going to have to ring various places for a multi bike quote as lots of companies won't let you do a multi bike quote online.

• WTF WTF x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. i tried carol nash after seeing all their bumfp at The TT. waste. of. time.

why put out ads about how good they are all bikers as well blahdy blah when you dont love upto the promise

its a nightmare, not sure if its any help, but i landed up going through loads of companies, took me weeks, then paid in full a month before my other policy expired.

its seems the old days of doing a deal to keep your custom are well over, so i have zero loyalty to them, ill change companies to save £20, and its pretty easy now.

ALL the big companies and the ones plugged by nevesy, missenden flyer, 44teeth etc done absolutey fuck all for me except come back with a top heavy quote

finally i told them it was locked at the back of garage, with 3 locks and mostly trapped in by a car it dropped a bit

personel injury cover puts a lump on it too

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. WTF!! like car insurance, one year best on multi vehicle and the next cheapest to insure separately. PITA!!

16. I change company pretty much every year and insure them all separately, it’s a bit of a faff but if I can save £20 on each policy then that adds up to cover the policy cost on another bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. I had a similar experience with Bemoto. My multi bike renewal was 6 x higher than last year ffs! Thankfully managed to find a decent quote with Bikesure. Might be worth starting there. Good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I'm the same.

Takes a few years to build up the no claims bonus , but even with little no claims on one of the policies it's been considerably cheaper than a multi bike quote everytime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
    • Funny Funny x 5
  19. How does GT85 hold up after a few months ?

Used either GT85 or WD40 on a bike that's going to sit for a month or so and it's been fine. Tried WD40 for a winter layup and it didn't fair aswell sadly.

I tried to use ACF50 some years back using the hand spray bottle and found it a complete faff. A mate showed me how easy it was using a spray gun to apply it, revelation... Last 3 winters it's been fantastic and is my preferred coating and method.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information