1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(small) Bike Things You've Done Today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I find GT85 better than WD40 and I use it if the bikes only laid up for 3 months or so, if it’s long term lay up then I use Acf50. I also regularly coat my winter bikes in Acf50 as well because it does wash off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. i usually use acf50 but i am giving xcp rust prevention a try this year's in a large spay bottle, i have used a small brush to get to awkward places

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Just ordered a rear s22 tyre, I think I should be ok for tyres for the next year now with the pile I have in stock.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Yesterday, went to the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show at Stafford Showground, bought a few bits and pieces, was tempted to buy a 1986 D reg Yamaha RD125 LC basket case, when I asked about it, he told me it was £500, later in the day, he had a sticker on it at £600, too many bits missing from it though

Foggy was there, signing autographs, met him again

A good day out was had :D IMG-20241012-WA0020.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Today, after recovering from the aches and pains from yesterday, I finished fixing the bike trailer, then moved on to swapping the rear disc on my sons GSXR750

• Like Like x 1
  6. Put Baby R on charge with plan to go out.
    Started it up, then thought it was too chilly so retired inside to watch WSB and BSB instead.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A local bimble to try the new rear shock. A bit cold for pushing on so I chose some roads with less than ideal surface, pleased to report finding a bump mid-corner is no longer the sketchy situation it once was.

20241013_152317.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rang BeMoto today . I was on the phone for 54 mins, a price of £717 a bit more than last year but not the 2k plus from carole nash . I took it as couldn't face going through all the faff to ring someone else .

10. Well, over the past few days really. GSXR work. Changed coolant after full flush and radiator removal. Drilled out a snapped bolt. Took ages. Tapped hole. Got fed up with engine hunting and cutting out when hot so, in desperation changed plugs (after previously testing the old ones which tested and looked fine). Bike now runs sweet as a nut. Adjusted cold start and idle speeds. Then decided to re sharpen some HSS drill bits after the surgery.
    Busy, busy, busy.
    IMG_3040.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Do you use a drill bit sharpener? Been meaning to buy one for years.

12. Just a grinding wheel and a guide clamped on with mole grips. You can just about see it on the background.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Same way I do mine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Last time I did mine like this, I realised I can't bloody see the small ones anymore :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Got this on my local before the tip facebook pages IMG_8349.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. You bought it, or advertising it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information