1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Today i bought a pair of Oxford Hotgrips Touring version as i sent back the oh-so-faulty and not-so-good R&G ones the other day. Also, while i was in the shop i bought some Spada Predator summer/race gloves, tho i'm having some issues with them and their hard knuckle protection-on the right glove it's digging into my knuckle and causing bruising. Left glove is fine??? 50% happy with today. Grips are ace! Trump R&G ones in fit(R&G were slack-as-a-yack on the left bar) and warmth and the fact the new oxford ones have a built in electronic doofery to protect against leaving them on accidently and draining your battery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Been out and about. Came home. Laid on sofa. Came on here for a bit. Fell asleep. Woke up. That's it. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. More tree cutting! Tomorrow I hope to have the area cleared of all the wood, levelled out and if I'm really lucky the sleepers laid ready to put the mancave on! Anyone about fancy giving me a hand? Nicky will be on coffee and bacon roll duty and taking pics as she can't do any lifting yet.

4. Sulk this morning as it rained, minor garage tidy/ebay-goodie hunt, fussed over the SS & fired it up in the garage (next door have moved out so no prob :biggrin: ), waited for the roads to dry up and went out for an hour on the bike. :upyeah:

What a glorious sound! Return home bloody cold but happy... bike riding is like sex - you spend all day thinking about it, are upset and frustrated when you can't have any & nothing else will substitute for it?

Foreplay - dressing up in leather, chains & locks, lubricants, rubber, the mounting, the fact you can ride for HOURS as fast or slow as you want without any apparent fatigue?

Happy now - have had my fix & the only fluid transfer was through my carbs? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swept up all the leaves, cleaned Mrs Nothingbettertodo's car then rigged up my new Givi rack and her Gerbings heated gloves on the Multi. Then we went for a little jolly (her first ride) on the Multi to Walton, Hampton Court and had Tea and Buns at the Pheasantry in Bushy Park before toddling off home. Now for a few beers and spend the evening in the company of the Ducatiforum with you!!!:upyeah:

6. Recovering.....................................
    Vasectomy yesterday.
    Ouuuuuuuuuuuch.:eek:

7. Just hope you're not allergic to the self dissolving stitches like I was when I had mine! Far more painful than the actual op! Mind you mine was 20+ years ago and they've changed the material now. Good luck, you'll soon be up and about again.

8. planted 4 tree ferns in my dads new hot house, they are coool.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just steri-strips, no stitches. I was "lucky" in having the no scalpel method, which judging by what I experienced meant going at it with a Kango hammer and a blowtorch.

Ok it wasn't that bad :smile:

10. Decided my red SS was too fast, so I bought a yellow hi-viz helmet to slow it down a bit......

I now look like a wasp sitting on a plum.....

AL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bought a set of Alpinestars Monza leathers from Mega Motorcycle store in Swindon (exGeorge Whites) to match the 1199 Tricolore well happy as they were even open to a bit of bartering :biggrin:

12. It wasn't that bad, but it is very weird having someone cutting into your ball bag and saying " you might feel me tugging on the tubes now" and then you can feel just what he's doing but no pain! You will be sore for a day or so but no more, but be ready to be shocked at just how much bruising you might see! I looked like I'd been kicked by Shergar at full pelt!

13. If you had been, you could have made an awful lot of money.

Been looking for him for ages.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Woken up, looked out the window, gone back to bed

• Like Like x 1
  15. Woke up, cuppa tea, more sleep, another cuppa tea, iPad. Now will it be McDonalds breakfast or breakfast in bed?

16. Woke up several times during the night :/

Finally got up at 6.30am and had a glass of Beroca. Messed around here for a while. Read BBC news. Just had toast with honey and a cup of tea, and I'm ready to jump in the shower before I have to head north for two hours to see my olds. Then this afternoon I will head to Leeds to see my baby grandaughter :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. thinking I need to get up so I can go to work and sort the horses out but it's wet and it means a muddy quad ride and I'd rather stay in bed

18. Still in bed... weather may dry up later but be biblically wet here overnight? :frown:

19. Done 12 miles on pusher with head wind gale force-esque...cor blimey!

20. Feeling sorry for myself today
    Got the lurgy cough doing the rounds
    Just endured a shop through Sainsburys think I need a lie down :-/

Do Not Sell My Personal Information